Is it postnasal drip or something else.? ☹

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey all.

Im new to this forum and ive been having these symptoms for months and months. ive been to my doctor about it numerous times and anything hes giving has only given me temporary relief ☹ but as soon as i finish what hes given im back to square one.

Basically ive been having this drainage going down the back of my throat its been different colours white, yellow and even green (gross i know) i also have a mild soreness in my throat when its draining down my throat and im clearing my throat more than usual but its not constant, i always feel something in the back of my throat like phelgm or mucus that needs to clear but doesnt , my nose aint runny and no sneezing or stuffiness .

Also i want to see a ENT but my doctor needs to refer me and he doesnt seem to be going to do that anytine soon.

is it postnasal drip do you think? or something else.? ive been driving myself mad googling looking for answers but im just making myself worse cause im so paranoid.

Any help/advice would help.!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi , I'm new to this forum as well. I've had problems with pnd for years now, I also have asthma. I have also been under an ENT consultant for about 3 years

they have basically tried everything but put it down to allergies. They give me steroids, which helps for a few weeks, but you can't stay on that for ever, even though they seem to think you can. So after trying endless things , I find that it's a bit better if I dont have dairy products, in fact it's a lot better, so I am now partly vegan, and I know if I have dairy I am certainly going to pay for it that night, so give it a try. Apparently dairy products double the amount of mucus you produce. I hope you find this useful. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi,

I am having same problem, no meds worked and been for months like this. Are you still suffering with this? I can take it no more.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.