Is it safe to take Pantothenic Acid (vit B5) with PMR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone take Pantothenic Acid to help get their Adrenals going?  And if so, how much is a safe dose ?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Highly unlikely it will do much. If you are on more than 8mg pred they don't need to do anything anyway.

• Posted

Hi jan21306

Pantothenic Acid is part of B complex vitamins is also essential for breaking down carbohydrates in the body as well as adrenal support. The recommended daily dose is 5mg...I took multivitamins which contained Pantothenic Acid whilst on preds i had no problems.....my best wishes to you jan21306...

• Posted

Hi jan21306

I should mention that the dose of Pantothenic acid in the multivitamins were lower than 5mg......

• Posted

Thanks Lilian, the dose in my multivitamin is also much lower than that.
  • Posted

I think unless one has a deficiency in one B vitamin it's generally not a good idea to take a supplement in isolation.  It's called the B complex for a reason, I think.  Take a complete supplement.  

• Posted

It is in a multivitamn.   There are some multivitamins that have a higher level of Pantothenic Acid than others.  I am already taking one with my doc's blessing, I just wondered whether one with a higher dose of PA might be more effective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.