Is it worth it?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Only my 3rd day of taking sertraline. Feel very anxious and fidgety today. Can’t shake these horrible thoughts. Keep reading posts of people saying they got worse first. I’ve just stayed in today. Really struggling... Does it get better?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m on day 3 too and didn’t feel any side effects until today...didn’t know what was happening to me at first! Feeling super emotional, had to cancel work appointments because I was feeling so ‘out of sorts’, jittery and anxious. So you’re not alone with how you’re feeling I’m on Struggle Street too sad
    • Posted

It is horrible, side effects are awful. Hope your feeling better soon. Keep in touch, let us know how your getting on. 
    • Posted

Yeah day 3 was very bad for me. So anxious. I’m on my 6th day now. It hasn’t affected my sleep thankfully. I take the tablet in the morning. Still very jittery and anxious though. Feel a bit drowsy. I have no appetite, but tbh, I didn’t have much of one anyway the way I was feeling. A lot of the way I’m feeling just now I was feeling before anyway. Just heightened now. Think the anxiety is causing pains in my chest. And just this horrible feeling of guilt and worthlessness about life. I need it to get better soon. Hope you are feeling better today. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.