Is my B12 levels low?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been feeling awful for the last 4 months, got my results from B12 test today, 296. No action required. I have made an appointment to see doctor next monday as i feel so low. Do you think i am wasting my time seeing doctor about the levels?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anything B12 level under 900 should be supplemented. Short of injections from your doctor which can be painful the B12 subligual is the best. The lonzenges dissolve under your tongue and can be taken without water. If you think about your calcium level, the normal high-low numbers range from 10.2 to 8.7, so why should your B12 level which can be as high as 1100 be allowed to fall to such lows as under 200 before supplementation is suggested. Keep this in mind; doctors prescribed medication for diseases and pain management, however, so many ailments fo the body stem from lack of nutrients that can be replaced with over the counter supplements. I know of a doctor who said, "If it was known that I told a patient to take something as simple as garlic dissolved in water to act as a blood thinner, or to help normalize your blood pressure I would be in a lot of trouble with the board of medicine. Whenever you have questions, do your own research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.