is my horrendously bad blurred vision anxiety?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi all, i've just turned 21, and for about 6 months now i think i have had anxiety. ive never really had it before, but i moved to university and in freshers after about a week of constant drinking alcohol, i woke up one night feeling as if i was on drugs! i woke up shaking and sweating and felt like i couldnt breathe. its been 6 months since then, and i dont feel so much anxious thoughts, but i have ALL the physical symptoms. 

I've had every single test there is to do and theres nothing wrong with me apparently but i definetly know that something is not right, does anybody else feel like this; 

- constantly feel as if im not in my own body, and that i am trapped, like someone else is living my life for me

- constant blurred vision, which literally never goes away, as if im trapped behind my eyes, and theres black spots everywhere, cant describe it well! its as though im wearing clear glasses but theres a fuzzy film over it.. (this is my worst symptom, its horrible)

- feel dizzy as if im going to faint constantly 

- tight jaw

- general tingling just all over my body, like i am really aware of my blood pumping through my body and can feel it travelling 

- numb teeth!! and tongue

- constantly ill, and always tired, sleep all the time

- chest feels really heavy

- feel like my heart is working really hard

(all of this is constant, it doesnt get worse or better with anything in particular) 

but i dont feel anxious thoughts, i just have all these physcial  symptoms!! 

does anybody else have these too? alcohol makes it worse, even while im drinking it, the anxiety doesnt seem to go away i feel worse when i drink alchol actually i feel really light headed.

ive been like this for a while now and im finally accepting there isnt anything wrong with me and that it must just be anxiety, 6 months later after MRI, HEART SCAN, ECG, ECHOGRAM, 3 BLOOD TESTS, £700 ON A PRIVATE DOCTOR!! the lot 

ive been prescribed citalopram, BUT i dont feel depressed AT ALL, im really happy, i just feel as if im not in my body and can barely see!!! lol, can someone please reply and let me know if there physical symptoms are as bad as this and if their eyes are just as bad as mine ?? THANK YOU 

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had almost all of the symptoms you described here my vision being the worst one, along with the numb sensations I will get blurred colours in the corner of my vision which then spreads across the vision of the entire eye leaving it practically useless. It started around 6 months ago with chest pains and strange feelings inside my head I thought I was having a heart attack and a stroke at once but I've had ecg's and chest xrays which have shown nothing (which also puts to rest anything sinister as far as feeling heavy chested and the feeling I can't draw enough breath goes) my doctor said it was in my head and stress related and suggested nothing other than "try not to think about it you'll be fine". I always have this sence of being on auto pilot like at work (I'm a metal fabricator) I feel distant almost like an observer if this makes sence I feel like I'm almost not really here at times and my work is done subconsciously. I've been getting worried lately I have a brain tumour or something but my doctor won't entertain the idea...

• Posted

Sounds like the eye thing could be phosphane related or possibly a migrain without headache aura..i get wierd eye stuff too,i also have anxiety. Very unnerveing. Xx
  • Posted

Hey jade

I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms

For 2 years now i am also 21 and I can't shake it. the worst thing is definitely the vision and lack of focus I have also had all the exact same tests and everything came back normal it all happened when I went out drinking one night and I woke up the next morning and I couldn't see and my balance was off but I thought I was just hungover but it just continued on every day

If anyone has any info about this I would love to hear it thanks.

• Posted

I have the same symptoms. How do you feel now Jade
  • Posted

I know this was quite a few years ago but did you ever find a cure? I'm going through the exact same physical symptoms except i do suffer with terribly bad anxiety and stress. Any help would be great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.