is my horrendously bad blurred vision anxiety?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi all, i've just turned 21, and for about 6 months now i think i have had anxiety. ive never really had it before, but i moved to university and in freshers after about a week of constant drinking alcohol, i woke up one night feeling as if i was on drugs! i woke up shaking and sweating and felt like i couldnt breathe. its been 6 months since then, and i dont feel so much anxious thoughts, but i have ALL the physical symptoms. 

I've had every single test there is to do and theres nothing wrong with me apparently but i definetly know that something is not right, does anybody else feel like this; 

- constantly feel as if im not in my own body, and that i am trapped, like someone else is living my life for me

- constant blurred vision, which literally never goes away, as if im trapped behind my eyes, and theres black spots everywhere, cant describe it well! its as though im wearing clear glasses but theres a fuzzy film over it.. (this is my worst symptom, its horrible)

- feel dizzy as if im going to faint constantly 

- tight jaw

- general tingling just all over my body, like i am really aware of my blood pumping through my body and can feel it travelling 

- numb teeth!! and tongue

- constantly ill, and always tired, sleep all the time

- chest feels really heavy

- feel like my heart is working really hard

(all of this is constant, it doesnt get worse or better with anything in particular) 

but i dont feel anxious thoughts, i just have all these physcial  symptoms!! 

does anybody else have these too? alcohol makes it worse, even while im drinking it, the anxiety doesnt seem to go away i feel worse when i drink alchol actually i feel really light headed.

ive been like this for a while now and im finally accepting there isnt anything wrong with me and that it must just be anxiety, 6 months later after MRI, HEART SCAN, ECG, ECHOGRAM, 3 BLOOD TESTS, £700 ON A PRIVATE DOCTOR!! the lot 

ive been prescribed citalopram, BUT i dont feel depressed AT ALL, im really happy, i just feel as if im not in my body and can barely see!!! lol, can someone please reply and let me know if there physical symptoms are as bad as this and if their eyes are just as bad as mine ?? THANK YOU 

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've had most of those symptoms... I haven't suffered with my eyes like you, but I have felt like I'm zoning out at inopportune times. 

Confusingly anti-depressants aare not always used for depression - they can also be used for anxiety

Please remember that alcoohol is a depressant so will exacerbate any anxious feelings you have when you take it and afterwards. (I have stopped drinking for that very reason, as I was feeling so low, worried and paranoid afterwards). 

• Posted

thanks for the reply!

how did your eyes feel??? mine is like a constant blurred vision, literally never ever goes away. its not as if i cant see clearly, i have perfect eye sight, but its as if something fuzzy is infront of my eyes!! i HATE it, it makes me feel as if im not really here and im dead or something ?!?! 

i stopped drinking for about 3 months to see if that would help, but none of my symptoms went away and it didnt change or help my anxiety at all, so i drank again for the first time last week and my anxiety is exactly the same as if i did drink or not rolleyes 

i still cant believe that my anxious thoughts has made my whole body like this constantly, and its not as if in the morning im better or worse, its just never ending physical symptoms!!! 

• Posted

I've had floaters behind my eyes in the past, though not sure whether this was due to anxiety as believe other things can do this & I do wear glasses.

I've felt my eyes go "spaced out"...sort of out of focus, like I'm not quite there. That's been unsettling. But my eyes didn't feel any different in themselves.(Ie no pain or anything).

But nerves and anxiety can put your whole body on edge. It's like all your senses become extremely heightened, but not in a good way.

• Posted

yes defo not in a good way at all! haha, its taken me ages to believe i have anxiety... because when i think of someone who has anxiety i think of someone who has panic attacks, whose scared in social situations, whose not an outgoing person... but before this all started i was genuinely fine, got anxious when i had to do presentations sometimes, but now i cosntantly have blurred vision, cant stop shaking, feel wired up all the time. so i must have anxiety but just not realise it?? 

hope you get better soon, thanks for the reply !! xx

• Posted

hello jade i wish than your problem was resolved i wanna  know how do you feel now ??!! beceause  i have a similar problem too 
  • Posted

Hi Jade,

I have every single symptom that you have. And have done for 14 weeks now. The worse for me is the blurry eyes, I feel so out of it and having blurry eyes effects everything i do IM SO FUSTRATED. i just want to get up and do something normal and work but im so out of i cant!!! 

did u find anything that helped? ive seen about 20 doctors now ive had everything tested my friends keep telling me its anxiety but it cant be

reply asap

thanks!

• Posted

Hey H153, if you have all of those symptoms, it's almost definitely anxiety related.

The other thing you might want to do is see an Opthamologist and get them to scan your eyes for a condition called Central Serous Retinopathy. 

I developed this condition from a lot of stress and anxiety over a long period of time (had very similar symptoms to Jade for 4-5 months a long with IBS). 

And I actually ignored it for 5 months because people were telling me that it was just anxiety! 

• Posted

jade, i have the same symptoms as you, i had a bad hangover and started having anxiety,i see black dots now, ive had this 3 times in my life, you will get over it.
  • Posted

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd reply in case. You say you don't feel anxious, and chow could you possibly have anxiety when you're social and have a good life?

Unfortunately, anxiety comes in all different shapes and sizes. What I reckon you're going through is a mild form of PTSD. It happened to me back in October, I went out and got extremely drunk, smoked weed and had a massive panic attack. Since then I've not been right, suffering many of the same symptoms as you point out. This is because my mind is constantly on edge, thinking about these symptoms, even though my life is fine. It's more on the side of health anxiety, you're over thinking your symptoms and worrying about them, social anxiety is a whole different ball game!

• Posted

Hi every one, long time since the post started but is any one still suffering with blurry vision because I am and I don,t like it...
  • Posted

Hi!

It's been 4 months that I have blurred vision with the anxiety, I'm curious if your blurred vision disappeared? I had the brain MRI, it was clear. The blurred vision freaks me out. Especially the idea of MS, etc. 

Hope you're doing well..

• Posted

Hazy blurred vision can be from dry eyes. I had it for 2 months. Doctor diagnosed mgd and dry eye. Might want to go to an optomotrist not an optician.
  • Posted

Hi jade, I'm having the exact same symptoms, from the moment I wake up and for no reason, I've had these for a year now, but I get migraines and dilated pupils, dry mouth and metal taste in it too, I've had every test done n onli came up "minor sinus disease" im hoping it isn't anxiety but it's looking that way, let me know how you get on. I've heard of the lindon method that is meant to really help ppl, it's on face book, have a look, it's for anxiety, I'm just scared to get it incase it isn't

• Posted

Dry eye can caus very blurry vision. I have it every day. Have the eye doc examine the glands that run along the lids of your eyes. Please do google mgd dry eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.