Is my worry for nothing (urine bubbles among other things)

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, i am sorry if i sound a bit panicked, but I am afraid that thanks to Dr. Google, i have myself a bit worried now, and would appreciate some feedback.

Some general feedback: I am 34, 320lb (working on it, lost over 15lb so far), have sleep apnea (currently treated), and i suffer from severe health anxiety.. no point in lying about that.

Two months ago, for unrelated symptoms, i was seen by a cardiologist, and put on Lisinopril (20mg) for my blood pressure (I feel that i strongly have white coat syndrome, as my BP can be around 130/80 at home when i am relaxed). Because of this, i have also had several blood tests, which have included Kidney tests:

3-2-18:

Crea: .90 mg/dl

BUN: 10 mg/dl

Potassium: 3.6 mmol/L

3-7-18

Crea: .90 mg/dl

BUN: 9 mg/dl

Potassium: 3.7 mmol/L

4-4-18

Crea: .92 mg/dl

eGFR: 108 (i understand the estimate is likely too high based on weight?)

BUN: 8 mg/dl

Potassium: 4.4 mmol/L

Glucose: 115

I also had an abdominal UT the last month, where they didn't note anything about the kidneys other than appearing normal (they noted my liver looked fatty).

So, everything sounds great, and seems it.  I dont have any swelling anywhere either.

That said, why am i here?  Well, I am worried about the bubbles in my urine. I have noticed that even if i pee gently, i can still see some small bubbles form, and they can stay around. Dr. Google is kind enough to inform me that not only is this bad, but likely significant Kidney disease. Frankly, i would swear i have seen foam before, but admittedly, i haven't given it as much thought until now. I have also been having back pains, which get worse when stretching (problem is, i also have had back pains for most of my adult life.. i can feel my back popping in several places when i sneeze).

Otherwise, my function feels fairly regular. i go on average 2-3 hours (though, if i have an anxiety attack, it can make me go more often), don't wake up at night to pee (some mornings it looks more concentrated than other mornings.. the last few days have been lighter in the morning.

Sorry for rambling..  where i am now, is i am figuring i have bad CKD despite my bloodwork and UT. I haven't had a urine test (also being honest, i have a kit coming to me tomorrow), so i am even more vulnerable to believing the worst.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Shadowhawk? How are you doing? Im having a lot of bubbles too, did you ever figure anything out, did you go for the bence jones test ? Takecare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.