Is my worry for nothing (urine bubbles among other things)

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, i am sorry if i sound a bit panicked, but I am afraid that thanks to Dr. Google, i have myself a bit worried now, and would appreciate some feedback.

Some general feedback: I am 34, 320lb (working on it, lost over 15lb so far), have sleep apnea (currently treated), and i suffer from severe health anxiety.. no point in lying about that.

Two months ago, for unrelated symptoms, i was seen by a cardiologist, and put on Lisinopril (20mg) for my blood pressure (I feel that i strongly have white coat syndrome, as my BP can be around 130/80 at home when i am relaxed). Because of this, i have also had several blood tests, which have included Kidney tests:

3-2-18:

Crea: .90 mg/dl

BUN: 10 mg/dl

Potassium: 3.6 mmol/L

3-7-18

Crea: .90 mg/dl

BUN: 9 mg/dl

Potassium: 3.7 mmol/L

4-4-18

Crea: .92 mg/dl

eGFR: 108 (i understand the estimate is likely too high based on weight?)

BUN: 8 mg/dl

Potassium: 4.4 mmol/L

Glucose: 115

I also had an abdominal UT the last month, where they didn't note anything about the kidneys other than appearing normal (they noted my liver looked fatty).

So, everything sounds great, and seems it.  I dont have any swelling anywhere either.

That said, why am i here?  Well, I am worried about the bubbles in my urine. I have noticed that even if i pee gently, i can still see some small bubbles form, and they can stay around. Dr. Google is kind enough to inform me that not only is this bad, but likely significant Kidney disease. Frankly, i would swear i have seen foam before, but admittedly, i haven't given it as much thought until now. I have also been having back pains, which get worse when stretching (problem is, i also have had back pains for most of my adult life.. i can feel my back popping in several places when i sneeze).

Otherwise, my function feels fairly regular. i go on average 2-3 hours (though, if i have an anxiety attack, it can make me go more often), don't wake up at night to pee (some mornings it looks more concentrated than other mornings.. the last few days have been lighter in the morning.

Sorry for rambling..  where i am now, is i am figuring i have bad CKD despite my bloodwork and UT. I haven't had a urine test (also being honest, i have a kit coming to me tomorrow), so i am even more vulnerable to believing the worst.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So, just following up on this to close the loop.  Did a urine dip test, and both the proteins and blood came back negative.  The only thing that *MIGHT* have been there was some trace leukocytes, but i admit the color was a bit hard to read on that one; the proteins and blood however very obviously match the negative result. And sure enough, this sample did give foam, so i imagine if it were from that, this test should have grabbed it.  Talk about a sigh of relief.

I want to thank everyone again for the support and encouragement, and wish everyone a long healthy life, no matter what their body throws at them. 

• Posted

I saw you commented on my post too and i know how you feel because I am very scared as well. I am going to the doctor next week and i am like so scared. because i think that i may have kidney disease too since i am getting tea colored urine and a few other symptoms. And i saw you commented on my post and said the muscle twitches i am getting might be from anxiety. I guess it could be. Not sure. But i will ask my doctor about it. I am overweight too though and i have high blood pressure. So i know how scary it is to think that you may have chronic kidney disease. I am scared about what my results are going to be on my blood tests next week or whenever I get them back. I might not get the blood tests back until the week after next but I'm sure i will get them back soon. and i know that not everyone who is over weight and has high blood pressure gets kidney disease. but people who are over weight have a higher chance, which would be me since i'm over weight. So i am like panicking a lot. And also i wanted to say thanks for the advice on my post where you said i should get help for my anxiety. I will do that too since i do have bad anxiety as well. 

• Posted

Hey Shadowhawk! I recently made a post about the same condition you have. I talked to my doc on the phonr and he said it isn’t uncommon for regular people to have foamy urine and its a strange phenomenon, possibly due to condensed urine. I wouldn’t stress it since proteinuria from CKD apparently is almost always accompanied by blood pressure above 140 and oedema. 
    • Posted

"Almost Always"

my mum is ckd 4/5 and has protein in her urine but blood presure is normal and she has no odema, she also has never had foamy or bubbly urine.

Im ckd 3b no protein only blood, normal bp and no bubbles/froth in urine.

Everyone is different and I sometimes wonder how these 'symptom' lists are generated.

• Posted

Jane,

I just saw my primary care physician for my quarterly A1C lab results this morning. She and I had exactly the same conversation--there really is no patient who presents totally normally. In other words, none of us present all the symptoms; we often don't present symptoms in exactly the same sequence or even at the same stages with CKD. So it's critical to get regular labs run. They are the only real measure of how well are kidneys are working. The longer I deal with my CKD the better I understand what is going on with my kidneys specifically. I also get better and better at figuring out what has me feeling and functioning st my best🐶

Marj

• Posted

Sigh...

Well, health anxiety back into overdrive now.  I see that i received a message from a doctor(?) here who told me " I have seen your test results too, not too good you know".   I have an appointment with a GP tomorrow for my Thyroid, but now i am losing it again. I have no idea, other than my glucose and one liver result, what doesn't look good.. i am so damn scared now...

• Posted

I don't think any of us who participate in this forum are foctors. Do id ignore any message of that type you may have received in this forum. Glad you're seeing your doctor again in a few days.

Marj

• Posted

Hi

Who messaged you? Your own Doctor or someone on this forum???

Your blood test from April is good only the glucose a bit elevated.

I think it is awful that someone has messaged you and said that. If it was a Doctor they should be ashamed!!

Good luck with your appointment x

• Posted

It was somebody on this forum (who appears to have joined somewhat recently...?).   This really did send me into overdrive (which i can't stand, as my BP skyrockets which i know i need to avoid)...

The only thing that i can even deduce might be worrying, is the BUN going down. But following that, from March to April, following my heart docs advice, i made a drastic shift in my diet - WAY less meats, more greens, more water.  I see that a low bun (though, it is still in ranges determined "normal" in lots of sites online) can be a sign of internal kidney damage.

Following the blood draw, i changed doctors (in part, beucase of how even this draw was handled.  They screwed up one lab, waited 2 weeks to tell me, took more time to get me the redo orders.. Not to mention other complaints..), So i hadn't actually followed up in person about the latest bloody work yet (though, the original two results WERE seen by doctors, who did not express any concerns).

I realize my blood sugar was high, and i acknowledge all that it means (and can mean).  But to say things aren't too good now.... maybe a normal person wouldn't flip.. but i have issues (i am ashamed but honest to admit), and hearing that from a doctor out of the blue.... holy eff batman...).

OK.. also, i try not to be TOO suspicious.. but... I can't find any reference to the Dr as the name is given (nor at the hospital referenced).  And i left off part of the end message, but maybe its important.

"I have seen your test results too, not too good you know. write me back when you see this, i have just the thing. "

I panicked at the "not good".  Now i feel like.. its an ad?  I am so confused

• Posted

OK.. i did more digging, I was going to hold off on "calling out", but my BS meter is going off with my anxiety meter..

The user in question is:

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/dr-henry-1179594

With the given Bio:

Dr. Henry Coughlan is an orthopedic surgeon in San Antonio, Texas and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Methodist Hospital and South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital. He received his medical degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Henry accepts several types of health insurance, He is one of 53 doctors at Methodist Hospital and one of 6 at South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital who specialize in Orthopedic Surgery.

But, he does not list on the Surgical Hospital:http://southtexassurgical.com/physician-partners/

And his avatar is from a completely different Dr in Kansas:

https://www.pectus.com/surg/dr-mark-l-saxton

....Seriously.. Not cool.....

• Posted

Shadowhawk,

There have sometimes been persons who join this group specifically to recruit clients for their personal businesses or practices. That's not supposed to happen. When it does we usually report them to the moderator who blocks them from further participation. Some of these people have offered to sell their kidneys, etc. it's really discussing!!

So, if you find that post again I'd suggest you report it to the moderator so the moderator can check it out. I'm guessing that it's another one of those unreputable people attempting to solicit business from you or any of us.

Definitely ignor the comment!!

Marj 

• Posted

I have flagged the message; thank you so much for the support Marj.

I posted a more detailed explanation (waiting to be moderated for some reason), but in short:

I cannot find a doctor existing by the name given, certainly not one at the hospital listed, and the avatar used belongs to a different (real) doctor in Kansas.

So thank you to the user Dr. Henry for damn near giving me a heart attack.... again....

• Posted

Definately spam!

And targeting the vulnerable too! Good for you for posting about this here and being calm about it (in your own way 😁wink

Like Marj says there are some people on here who come to solicit their own business.

Ignore or post on here if you get anything else like it again.

Now take a deep breath and relax! 😉

• Posted

Sure enough, I got a reply offering to send me a sample of a miracle cure that 97% of patients report fixing them in 72 hours.. how could I say no.........(not to mention, we switched to my liver suffering.. which while I had an elevated lft, didn't seem to be in a concerning range). All he wants is my email address.

Ugh...not giving my email to a doc using the wrong picture to a name that doesn't exist.. I feel stupid now getting worried..

• Posted

And the "doctor" in Kansas is actually a Nurse Practitioner, if his bio is to be believed. No reputable medical professional would do what either of these gentlemen are doing. I hope you reported both of them to the moderator. 

Thanks for letting us all know. This sort of thing is really disgusting! It certainly underscores the importance of relying on our actual doctors for all medical information regarding how our kidneys are doing.

This forum has always been a source of emotional support as well as a place where I could go for ideas regarding how to manage CKD on a daily basis (e.g., how did you decide which treatment you would pursue when you reached renal failure? How did you set your house up for PD dialysis? I'm experiencing extreme leg cramping. Is anyone else? Of do, what did your doctors try to resolve this? How long did it take when you started dialysis before you began to fell better? Did you feel better on dialysis?) from others grappling with CLD. Let's hope that it continues to provide that invaluable support for those of us participating.

Marj

• Posted

It was the now defunct "Dr. Henry".  Not a real person at all..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.