Is nausea/vomiting part of going through the menopause?

Posted , 24 users are following.

For the past 6 months or so, two weeks before my period, I've been having terrible bouts of nausea/sickness for 2-3 days.   Although I'm still having regular periods, they have been much shorter and much heavier the past year or so, and I've been decidedly 'off kilter', I've no doubt that at 49 I'm starting the menopause.  Has anyone else had bouts of sickness/nausea?

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ermm ive been going through the priemenopause I get some bloating and never until today have I been feeling sick . Plus my head feel like something crawling I felt really hot clamy
  • Posted

Hi, yes I wake up feeling sick and want to throw up but I think stress could cause it because your unhappy with meno and the body or mind picks up on it..just eat slowly till you get it down..it gets better in the day.
  • Posted

I am also in perimenopause and have a severe, chronic problem with nausea and vomiting. It’s been going on for 2.5 years and the stomach dr can’t find anything wrong. I was also deathly ill when pregnant with my daughter. I vomited every day for the entire pregnancy, lost weight, etc.  Thisakes me wonder if the hormones are responsible.. I don’t know
    • Posted

I get sick and vomit every couple of weeks always in the evening a few hours after dinner. It's been going on for 2 years (I am 51) I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me... I thought I was allergic to meat - I can't seem to link it to anything particular though. It just occurred to me tonight that it might be perimenopause. I am so happy to find this thread. When will this end?

• Posted

It cames out of nowhere. By time I got to work today nausea.. In pre-menopausei have been aching for about 17 months. Keeps moving around my body lower back , left forearm. Right foot. Left hip. I get Charlie horses that are just unimaginable occasionally out of the blue , both upper thighs at same time. 2nd one was at gyno-setting up for pap. Yeah loads of fun!! I have initiated a new car with projectile vomiting now thats a way to break one in. I want to cry more often. This is the trade off for no period.Hmmm. Knowing im not alone is truly amazing.😭.

• Posted

hi!! my nausea is so bad it comes with shaking and spasms. im sorry you are dealing with this. have you found anything to give you relief?

• Posted

Hello.

Iam having terrible bouts lasting days. did u ever find any relief?

• Posted

No the vomiting just stopped on its own.when the hit flashes started. They are so weird i feel like i'm going to burst into water droplets. Some days i have just 5 or so. Otheri have so many i loose count. My worst issue now is this hip pain that is so bad i do massage with a tennis ball on the floor. It muscle related not a bad hip. Exercise makes it worse. Stretching helps flexibility so muscle around area let me move.

• Edited

I have severe nausea. It starts about two weeks before I start and ease up when I start my period. I usually have almost one whole week of not having much pain or nausea and the rest is either feeling unwell or having my period. I also get severe hot flushes in my face and neck that come and go for about a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.