Is physical activity harmful during post-exposure rabies vaccination?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've gotten my first shot 56 hours after exposure and 24 hours after the shot I experienced a little fever. Now, 48 hours after the shot there is no side effect. May I do my routine cardio workouts? What about masturbation?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm Canadian.   I'm glad that at least you got your tetanus shot but why did they figure Rabies?  I don't recall seeing anything like that addressed in all your responses! 

Did they test the cat for Rabies 1st so that you didn’t have to go through what I hear are very painful rabies shots?  

I hope that if they actually did test the cat and if he did have rabies either treat her or put her down? 

It was good hearing about your current weather as that sort of thing appeals to alot of persons.  Good Luck  Susan 

• Posted

Dear Susan,

My friend, the cat's owner, said that she'd got all the necessary pet vaccines and when I talked to him about testing the cat, he got sulky of me; so we didn't test her.

Though the cat hasn't shown any symptoms yet, but via surfing the web, I found that all the exposures leading to bleed should be considered rabid.

Thus, I started to get the rabies shots and I should add that they're not painful at all. Besides, if a physician confirms that the shots must be gotten, it will be free in Iran.

By the way, thanks for your attitude to be responsive and also take part in matey talks. How is everything in your vast country? Does the snow start there from the beginning of Autumn? I do like to see Canada some day and

spend a few days with the aborigines there. Are there any traditional aborigines villages yet?

Arash

• Posted

Hi againsmile well with you being ok after a few days of exposure to the scratch it seems like everything should be ok. I’m no expert but do know that cat scratches and bites are full of bacteria. Cat bites are horrible...but usually will show signs within a few hrs. Rabies is a disease that is hard to detect unless the animal is quarantined for several days to look for any signs and the other way to determine if the animal is infected is putting the animal down and testing the brain. Rabies is not a simple blood test to detect the disease it’s kinda complicated...but you did the right thing with taking precautions because survival rate is slim if not caught early. Good to hear you are doing wellsmile
    • Posted

Hi kat

Where have you been? 

Give me a shout when u can?!

will👌

• Posted

Dear all,

Today was going to be my fourth shot's day; but because of that the cat has been well during all these days, I stopped getting shots. Now everything is ok and I really do appreciate u all for being kind and supportive. Wish you all health, happiness and all the bests.

Sincerely yours,

Arash

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.