Is remeron more sedating under 7.5?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I can;t seem to get a good answer for this.  Hope you can help.  I am on 6.7mg of remeron a night for insomnia but this stuff is making me a complete zombie and dizzy, awful feeling.  I am also in Benzo W/D so I can;t taper yet.  Anyway is the 6.7 more sedating since it is a lower dose than 7.5?  Or maybe should I go back to 7.5?  I just want to be the most comfortable I can be while being stuck on this stuff fo rnow.

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I told you I would let you know about upping my remeron from 7.5 to 15. The only difference I experienced was I was restless for awhile instead of just drifting off to sleep like I did on the 7.5. I don't know about this med. I am a little leary of it. I have seen a lot of posts on here that people are having quite a few problems on Remeron. I seem to be clumsy and I do yoga and I can't balance like I use to. I don't know. I will try the 15 for two weeks and see how it goes. I do know it is REALLY hard to stop. 

I am sorry I could not help.

• Posted

Yeah this med is weird for sure.  I am so sad I am stuck on it through a benzo W/D.  I needed something after 4 days of no sleep and nothing worked..... I get a horrible wave of energy that butterflies through me everytime I am about to nod off to sleep..... it is horrible.
  • Posted

Mirtazapine withdrawals isn't that bad atleast for me. I withdrew off of heroin and Suboxone. Those two drugs are a nightmare to get off of. Mirtazapine was a piece of cake. I was at 15 mg for 6 months and stopped cold turkey. Sure I got hot and cold flashes and flu like symptoms but it was over quickly. Day 2-3 were the worst days. I went to work and kept a fan on me the entire time. By the time I got to day 5 I felt so much better. I took 5 htp because it produces the serotonin that you are lacking, and I took melatonin. Those two combos worked like a charm.

• Posted

I have withdrawn off heroin cigarettes benzos all at once also ND benzos are just as bad for me cuz I've been on em for so many years.but if I take extra mirt. it doesn't help me sleep better. if I take extra klon it will. everyone's brain is different. otherwise they would just do a blood test to see what is the perfect med . out of doing the actually studies on it taking it myself ND reading a lot of information from different medical sites mirt\rem is more sedating. the lower the dose but everyone is different. mom's s

• Posted

Remeron is usually prescribed to that depression or aid sleep. The higher doses cater more towards those suffering from depression, while the lower doses are most effective for sleep. 7.5 mg seems to be the most commonly prescribed dose when used as a sleep aid. Maybe it would be best to talk to your doctor about increasing the dose to help with your lag the following day. Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.