Is rezum a good alternative to other BPH procedures?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Have had 2 unsuccessful PAE procedures in the last year. Don’t have enlarged median lobe. Still having clinical problems. Is rezum a good next step?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey guys listen to what john is telling you, do not blindly trust the uros, or the PAE docs, or the FLA docs. Read, and investigate for yourself, and listen to other guys who have been there.

I went to 2 uros, Vanderbilt, and UT in Chattanooga. Both recommended a TURP I refused.

I tried the PAE and it failed miserably for me, Dr K says he could see a few areas in the prostate that might have been affected, but nothing significant at all.

I had my FLA done by Dr K Thur the 19th of Oct,and flew home to Nashville on Sat the 21st.

I had a bladder and kidney scan done yesterday, that had been scheduled weeks ago, due to weak kidney readings on blood tests over the last year. 

Not only were the kidney readings great, but my post void residual, was only 17 ml, so almost completely empty. I was pretty amazed, and of course my regular Doc, and Dr K were very pleased.

Not to be to graphic,, but we are all grown men, But after less than 2 weeks, my stream is already back to where it was before the procedure,there is almost no blood in my semen, and my ejaculation, is stronger than before. I walk several miles per day, and I even asked about going back to the gym, but Dr k said to hold off on any weight lifting,

Dr K called this evening just to check on my progress, and he sent me some before and after images of the tissue removed, and just how precise it is.

Trust my I know FLA is a LOT of money, but when it comes to your health, what better to spend it on??  I had some chronic prostattits issues the Dr K was willing to listen to and study and try some new treatments on as well, and I really feel hopeful(which I havent had in a long time) will be a long term cure, and well worth the money.I am a poilce officer so not rich but I think its the best thing going right now.

And my brother has been so impressed he is scheduled for th 19th .

If anybody has questions about anything, feel free to ask me, or john or Also if anybody would like to  see the   before and after pics, feel free to ask.

Joe     

• Posted

Hi Joe, perhaps you can ask your brother to join this forum and post his FLA story as well. Hank
    • Posted

Hey Hank, I will try to talk him into doing that. He is older and not big on computers, or sharing personal stuff. I have told him on here there isnt any secrets we are all pretty much in the same boat.

He is scheduled for the 19th.

Joe

• Posted

Hi Joe,

what is the progress  after 2 months  ?  Im  in situation to choose between  FLA and REZUM  and all your experience is highly  appreciated.  Thanks  a lot Stan

• Posted

Joe

You highly recommend the "FLA"? I'm not aware of this process so ill have read some more and study. Thank you for the info!

• Posted

had rezum 1 week ago. All went well. Tiny bit of blood in urine. Thats about it. Follow up with Dr. in 30 days. He did tell me that it takes 6-8 weeks to notice changes to a large degree. At this point I AM happy I had it done. Sexual function not harmed at all. He had done 60 procedures with only one patient telling him he noticed very little change.
  • Posted

what is the rezum procedure and can i ask you more questions about it?

• Posted

Most excellent info! I need some informed experience and guidence. I just completed a flow test, exams, they looked in my bladder, CTs and T3 MRI. All good and healthy. I have BPH and take tamolosin and experiencing bad side effects. I'm now in the process of selecting the next step. I'm going in the 22nd to evaulate the possibility of the PAE and talking with another group about the "rezum" procedure. I have never heard of the FLA. In my research it seems the PAE is the most successful along with the REZUM. I'm seeking some advice here guys. My prostate is still relatively smaller but of course slightly swollen. I take the meds every other day but the side effects are kicking my butt. I'm a new comer to this problem. Any thoughts??? Thank you in advance

• Posted

It was a great choice for me. No issues during the procedure or afterwards. Off the 3 pills I was taking and peeing like I was 18 years old (great stream) . AND not waking up during the night even once a night!

• Posted

It was a great choice for me. No issues during the procedure or afterwards. Off the 3 pills I was taking and peeing like I was 18 years old (great stream) . AND not waking up during the night even once a night!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.