Is taking 3 x 7.5mg zopiclone an overdose?

Posted , 42 users are following.

My partner has just gone to bed feeling very depressed and I have just found a packet of Zopiclones he took: he took 3 x 7.5 = 22.5 mg.

I don't think it is a lot as he used to take a hell of a lot more, but I wonder if I should worry? How many zopiclones does one need to take in order to start worrying about having taken an overdose?

Thanks for any advice.

1 like, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Artabelle ,

In my case I found an experienced psychiatrist and he has got me on the right meds which allowed me to get my head above water and then I did the NHS Talking Therapies CBT sessions. Without the meds I would have been a screaming wreck. I tried to get help from NHS but that was going nowhere fast and so I found my own psych and it was money well spent in my case. While I'm being un-PC, one of the depression meds I would recommend for him would be Mirtazapine. This helped me a lot with the sleeplessness. There is a classic link between insomnia and depression. In my case I was hyper aware, always on guard for some imagined attack, something I had picked up from work and so had not slept in a bed for a year. Not that hard for Mr Psych to work out in the end smile

David.

• Posted

overdose on zopliclone all epends on bodyweight and what iut was taken with if he has taken 3 i would say NO he just wants to sleep ask him if hes ok and make sure he is! but you would need in my eyes over 50mg
  • Posted

over 50-100mg and a bottle of alcohol would
  • Posted

Does anyone actually know what a lethal dose Is? I have just taken 5 x 7.5mg Zopiclone.
    • Posted

Hi charley how long did it make you sleep and how did you feel when you woke 
  • Posted

Hi im going through a lot and have been over the last year in a custody battle . I an worried about my own health after a roofing accident. my daughters wellbeing is always on my mind . Its stressed me out that now im ready for work i cant get funding for my business in derby. This is a massive thing to me that im injured but willing to work to get better and get off these tabs to better mine and my kids lives.

I have taken my daily 100mg sertraline and taken 4 zopiclone 7s aswell. Have i taken to much ?

• Posted

3 is already too many. signs of a high tolerance. zopiclone is extremely addictive. two should do the trick!
  • Posted

To everyone on this thread who is taking is taking Zopiclone and is also suffering from depression or low mood, I urge you all to speak to your doctor asap, tell them about having an unhealthy relationship with the drug (taking too many, seeing it as an option to blackout when you feel terrible) and perhaps see if you can take an antidepressant. Sertraline is an antidepressant which helps to sleep at night i have found, im sure there are many different antidepressants which also help with this - it's up to your doctor as they will know whats best. I went through a year of sleeping pill dependency, taking Phenergan (over the counter so not so potent) and increasing my dosage each time i took it to the point where I had taken 200mg one night when the maximum recommended is 50mg. This is obviously very unhealthy, and wasnt addressing the reasons i couldnt sleep. Its almost always very psychological, which is why if you feel depressed, you should really tell your doctor, see if antidepressants will help your mood and see a therapist who can help to stop your mind from going round and round in circles. Please look after yourselves and not take more than the recommended dose of zopiclone, because this is damaging. Sedatives are also depressants (like alcohol), so this wont help. X

• Posted

Hi Artabelle.....it will take a lot of Zoplicones for you to have an overdose but I cannot give u an exact answer. My tolerance built up very quickly and in 4 months i was taking up to 30 x 7.5mg every day.

I've heard people taking as much as 60 per day and not over dosing. hope This helps.

• Posted

Hiya my name I'd Darrin I think I have a problem with zopilclone...am worrying in case am over dosing could some one give me some advice PLEASE

• Posted

I have a partner that will smash the whole 30 to 40 tablets of zopz with in a couple. Shes like a walking time bomb. Shes doing random things in the middle of the nigh, not sure why. Her smoking had incresed soesnt eat properly but sleeps pretty muck all day. Im worried because she also has only 1 kidney. Advice please. Thanks

• Posted

Ohh please take her to the gp that will cause respiratory depression. Not good. I take a couple extra sometimes but thats jst crazy amounts. It might not have affected her yet but at some point at that rate they will. Hope she lets u seek help for her. Good luck. Let us all know how u get on xx
    • Posted

When u say u take a couple of extra how much do u take if I don't mind me asking. I don't want to do anything stupid but just know what a safe amount is if there really is a safe amount. Am struggling just now and now one understands what I'm going through!

• Posted

Hi tracy i dont mind u asking at all. I certainly undestand xx

I have taken 2 & a half tabs maximum but usually 2 max if im ever luckily enuff to get them off thr dr.!!!!!!

I personally wouldnt recommend taking more to any1 else luv its dangeroue. Msg me if ya need to chat x x x

• Posted

Luckily*

Dangeous*

Spelling mistakes above.... sorru

• Posted

I give up lol dangerous and sorry this tym x
    • Posted

Hi there I take 1 zop and I sleep til 5 so take another one so then I sleep to 7.30 is that too much??
    • Posted

Hi, if they are 3.75 mg no thats ok.

But if u are taking 7.5mg yes thats too much.

I mean i have taken for years n wud prob b ok as a one off to take 2 but.id never recommend anyone else to.

It shud be one 7.5mg tab at night and they generally only give u a set number of hrs good slp. Either help u get to sleep or stay aslp once you nod off.

Hope this helps.

Ps ive personally found using them less frequently made them more effective as to use them constantly they lose effectiveness over time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.