Is taking 3 x 7.5mg zopiclone an overdose?

Posted , 42 users are following.

My partner has just gone to bed feeling very depressed and I have just found a packet of Zopiclones he took: he took 3 x 7.5 = 22.5 mg.

I don't think it is a lot as he used to take a hell of a lot more, but I wonder if I should worry? How many zopiclones does one need to take in order to start worrying about having taken an overdose?

Thanks for any advice.

1 like, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear about your friends troubles. I have been in that very dark place numerous times and believe me, it's a very dark, lonely and scary place to be. I am not a medical professional, just a regular guy who is in a very dark place. I would think 3 x 7.5mg of Zopiclone would be ok, probably give you a good mellow buzz. Start mixing this with other meds and booze and you could be in trouble. When I purposley overdosed it was on a huge amount of baclofen and a shed load of booze. Someone found me outside my house and took me to hospital. I don't remember anything. Apparently I died twice. Stopped breathing, the whole shooting match. Woke up 3 days later in intensive care.

I'm sure you don't want your friend or anyone to end up like I did, so sit down and talk with him/her and try and help.

• Posted

I’m feeling really anxious and low - I’m trying to cope with a catastrophic tragedy in my family following my husband and I selling our home last August to take early retirement to travel round Europe.  As a result of the catastrophe our son is sectioned awaiting trial for killing his much loved partner of 10 years following a psychotic breakdown as a result of being forced to stop his anti psychotic medicine due to ill health and receiving no support or care from his medical team .  We loved his partner as did he - she was like a daughter to us.  My son remains in the psychosis 6 months later and we do not know if he will recover.  Even if he does he will never come to terms with what’s happened so his life is also over effectively.  My husband and I are renting in Spain - we’ve no home and no family.  I spend  most of my time wishing I could never wake up again and the thought of an overdose is tempting but it would have to be successful.  So much pain ..
  • Posted

I took a whole box of these in January and the whole of antidepressants and still couldn't kill myself

• Posted

I'm sorry it sounds like you were going through a hard time. I hope you are doing better now, stay strong

• Posted

Really Daniel, did you just vomit or what happened afterward, did you sleep and then just wake up. How are you doing now x x 
    • Posted

Hi daniel really sorry for delayed reply. Not physically been feeling well this week, migraine, vomitting etc.

Awful feeling that way i understand where youre coming from. Im much better now as im a yr out of the hospital now but it took many months to start to feel less depressed and anxious. Hope time sees u well too. And that u have a decent dr who is helping u xx

• Posted

Thats not good when yr feeling this way. Please go2 c a dr try to get some help. Theres no worse feeling than going thru this... now im well i dont want to be around ppl anymore but have never been happier with that decision. But when yr not well depressed and anxious dont be alone xxx
    • Posted

You won't want to talk to me then if you don't want to be around people I can't see a doctor coz I'm to scared to leave my house

• Posted

Dont b daft thats different... im enjoying a quieter life and im enjoying animals galore. They make me feel so much better. Ahh i see now why yr struggling. I felt like that too constantly wen i was depressed and anxious ecspecially. All i wanted to do was stay in bed just not get up i couldnt face anything. Dont get me wrong i have bad days but i didnt want to live exactly a year ago and ive been thru this over 20 yrs.. im only just a few mths into tabs that helped and trying to accept things personally that i cnt change and try to move forward.

Is there any outpatient team u were assigned to after leaving hosp?? Not great i know i dont think anything in mental health is easy but i just know u will get worse with no help alone x

• Posted

A different team came round every week for a month and they just repeat the same questions as the previous team I just went round in circles they didn't help me was a complete waste of time

• Posted

Are you taking any meds at all Daniel?? What other support do you have?? Anxiety and depression sucks and some days I just wanna stay in bed and sleep all day but makes me feel worse in the end. I understand wanting to die I would just love to fall asleep one night and not wake up as I have 2 adult sons I just couldn’t try top myself!!!
    • Posted

Blimey thats no good!! I must admit i suffered the same poor service.

As gilip says are u on medication now?

• Posted

I'm not on any medication at all I was ment to have my first appointment with a physiatrist yesterday but I couldn't go as I have a chest infection which is getting worse as I'm to scared to leave my house to go the doctor to get antibiotics

• Posted

Aw no the gp and mental health team will try to arrange a home visit where cases are complex . Are u agorophobic all of the time of only wen in crisis with yr mental health ie depression severe? Pls call dr and explain try to arrange a home visit as its imperative u at least discuss treatments with the psychiatrist.. wether that involves medicinal route or not. Ie: therapies or counselling. They didnt help me but every case is individual x
    • Posted

I never leave the house I'm struggling to pay bills I don't work coz I can't leave the house universal credit is pointless it don't help with much and is stupid when they know I can't leave the house to go to work I'm going to end up being a lonely old man

• Posted

Ohh no. I really hope for better things for you. Its so much to deal with i know! I went thru lots wen i went in hosp n barely managed to kp the house. God life can b hard sometimes.

X u gotta call on ppl for help to treat the agorophobia and a psychistrist myt get the mental h.team involved that would help for u to try to claim maybe e.s.a open the doors for other help too a cpn. Meds that can alleviate symptoms help u try to get out??? As u dont want that future that u talk about im sure. Its so hard to get better but u gotta try .

• Posted

Sorry Daniel I really hope you can get over this hump. Some days are just too hard when negative thinking takes hold I spiral down. Then I get a couple good days  and I can actually smile and laugh again!! Hold on things will improve and I agree with Amanda reach out for home visits etc. you need  help love and blessings 
    • Posted

I never have good days they are always bad
    • Posted

How long have you been suffering with this?
    • Posted

Dont let these negative thoughts win. Eventually it will happen. When u least expect it & yr happy and wanna enjoy it. Concentrate on any tiny bit of oomph you can muster 2 get the help u need only then will the rest follow! Believe me doing it the other way round will cause more problems.. relationships are fantastic but u have to work at them.. if either of u isnt well or at yr best its 2 stressfull. Defo go for that just the other way round . But god wat do i know. Up until a yr ago love was all ya needed as the beatles sang about!! Was i wrong... im better off with my staffy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.