Is there any diet or holistic ways to shrink a prostate?

Posted , 17 users are following.

I researched a lot and have found that certain foods inhibit prostate growth. Does anybody have any antidotal experience using herbs vitamins foods or lifestyle changes that really improve BPH symptoms and can shrink or inhibit prostate growth?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Johnny

Never tried the herbs But if you go to your doctor he can give you a diet that will be good for you and your prostate. It will also help your bladder. My doctor gave it to me a few year ago and I do find it helps

Take care........Ken

• Posted

You probably did the same research on google, which I post below....Life style probably has an influence, since in certain parts of the world the benign prostate growth is not such a problem like in the Western Hemisphere.

Google:

You'll still need to see your doctor for regular prostate cancer screenings, but you can start boosting your prostate health by trying these six foods.

Tomatoes. Tomatoes contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene. ...

Broccoli. ...

Green tea. ...

Legumes and soybeans. ...

Pomegranate juice. ...

Fish.

Mar 29, 2017

• Posted

I have notice when I eat to many sweets my joints hurt and my stream appears to be slower. Absolutely sure of the first part but not absolutely certain about the second part.

• Posted

Not sure about foods to shrink, but you can go on line and discover foods/drink that aggravate BPH. Among others: coffee, chocolate, caffeine, citrus and others.

• Posted

The Saw palmetto berry is the only natural "remedy" that has been peer reviewed and accepted as a known DHT i.e. blocks the uptake of dihydrotestosterone by prostate tissue.

Worked for me in slowing prostate growth for over 5 years until I had to move on to Dutasteride and then a HoLEP 4 years later.

• Posted

This is simply not true concerning Saw Palmetto. However, I'm happy to reconsider my view if you can actually show one long term well-controlled trial in the literature to back up this claim.

• Posted

Hi, I have been reading a book I got on Amazon " Healthy Prostate" by Ronald Bazar. In addition to changing diet items I am using Prosta Genix. Only been on for about 45 days, no improvement noticed yet. I did cut out all dairy and as much sugar as possible, that is a tough one, they put sugar in EVERYTHING! I have lost 10 lbs since June though as a side benefit. My research does lean towards historical bad US diets playing a big role in prostate issues. So we will see....I''l post more if changes show up.

• Posted

I also take Saw palmetto in addition to Prosta Genix and other supplements.

• Posted

Yet I can find no specific ingredient list for Prosta Genix = big red flag + way too much promotion. Google "Now Foods Clinical Strength Prostate." Generally speaking, unless a company clearly lists the exact ingredient list and exact dosages (no proprietary blends), stay far away from such a product!

• Posted

Eliminate/cut down on most Omega 6 fatty based foods. Surprisingly, in most herbal prostate formulas, there are high amounts of pumpkin seed oil which are VERY high in Omega 6 fats.

Increase Omega 3 supplements - fish oil is better than actually eating a lot of fish as we want to stay away from animal based fats - anti inflammatory.

Take Iodine 1 to 2 drops a day (assuming one does not have a thyroid disorder).

Intermittent fasting; every other day to every 3 days - anti inflammatory.

If eating animal based foods, stay organic, avoid hormonally treated foods. Steroids are the last thing a prostate wants or needs 😃

Consider a PEMF device, every other day application, no more than 5 minutes at a time.

Coca supplements - naturally contain Arginase Inhibitors - anti inflammatory.

Graminex Rye Pollen extract, 500 Mg's a day - over time, may help with better urinary flow.

Cranberry supplements - help prevent UTI's from forming, may help with better urinary flow.

All this stuff can be found online, namely in The "Amazon" Jungle 😃

Be careful concerning Apple Cider Vinegar - may cause over acidic urine which could worsen urinary frequency and urgency.

Saw Palmetto is a waste of time and money. There is ZERO research that says it's anything more than a placebo. Beta sitosterol may help, but it can also cause inflammation.

CBD tincture may help - I'm still looking into that.

Caution with drugs like Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Studies are mixed on this. Some studies show improvement, while others show a negative effect.

Conclusion - anything that is anti inflammatory can help... I'm not a Doctor, just someone who has done a good amount of research in this stuff.

• Posted

Lot of helpful stuff here.

Can also try curcumin (active ingredient in turmeric) and Quercetin as these have anti-inflammatory properties.

Quality fish oil along with Vitamin E will help if there is too much intake of Omega 6.

I eat a lot of hazelnuts and should cut back due to Omega 6. I also take too much pumpkin seed oil and will reduce that.

Eat broccoli too as it contains DIM.

• Posted

DIM is kinda 'iffy' as research suggests it could free up testosterone and help regulate estrogen. Other research suggests it can greatly increase estrogen, leading to bad effects. I have a lot of DIM laying around here and it generally has a bad effect on my mood - I get a bit depressed taking it. Others might find it useful however.

Also, if someone has a thyroid issue, DIM can have horrible effects

• Posted

I had some success with Bee Pollen. And getting more exercise. My greatest success came with finasteride though 😦

• Posted

Bee Pollen can help, but the issue with it is that we do not know where the bees are getting the pollen from. I think if it's a controlled bee farm where the bees feed on organic sources, it's helpful, but if feeding on herbicidal sources, it could have a detrimental effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.