is there any know or remembered trauma before first feeling condition

Posted , 9 users are following.

the condition illness c,f.s

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Any? Ever? Probably. Nothing unusual though, and nothing around the time of falling ill. Who knows though, some people count moving house as a traumatic experience.
    • Posted

just before the time can you remember how you felt
  • Posted

Mine was just tonsilitis which was alot worse than the other times I had it
    • Posted

how many times have you had tonsilitis,and what age were you, and each time can you remember how you felt,
    • Posted

I didn't have tonsilitis when I was younger. These past 5 years I've had it 3 times a year... usually get bad headache and earache then the tonsilitis. This time I had a headache then severe tonsilitis out of the blue. I couldn't get out of bed I felt so ill and dizzy and developed an infection in my mouth. Tried goin back to work and only managed half a day cos my legs were aching so bad I could hardly walk. My symptoms have all developed from there really.
    • Posted

in the three times of years you had tonsilitis,can you recall,what month or the type of weather,or the time scale between each episode,some were in that there will be a link
    • Posted

I always get it march/April time and august/September time. Then the other one can vary but there's always a good few months between them. Just don't know why it's caused all of this when I'm usually okay. Take antibiotics and I'm fine.
  • Posted

For me, it's a yes.  I had a neurologic event which seemed somewhat like a stroke or T.I.A.  I woke up during the night, got up to go to the washroom but fell to the floor as my legs didn't work.  I had numbness on one side of my body and vision issues.  Prior to this event I was quite healthy although did have some stress in my life.  

After this neurologic event my health started to decline about a month later with fatigue...I thought it was all just stress.  Obviously there were plenty of doctors visits and tests to rule things out...I'm just giving the bare facts of what I consider to be the beginning of my new reality.  I just didn't know it then.

• Posted

i am new to this illness too,my heart and soul gos out to all that suffer this illness,i have now dedicated all my knowledge and care,and resources to help with making it more aware and ,medication to suit,there has to be a link to all that suffer with it,so the more people who come and chat about there experiences then i can put my all into finding a release. hang in there i wll find a way out x

• Posted

i will find away for you all that suffer this. that i pledge my life. got to start somewere,so, i think if you all can make a day to day diary,of your every day lifes ,,before you have the event, and how long it lasts how you feel before, anything wether you think small or not,need to find that missing link ,its going to be a long journey,and as i see it the medical profesion dont want to know,i do i care.lets help each other, .and let make some noise let it be reconized
  • Posted

My trauma was giving up smoking after 50 years or so of being a heavy smoker.
  • Posted

Hi Simon

February 2002...I was thrown from a horse and landed hitting the back of my head so hard that I lost 3 healthy back teeth in the impact, they literally came out of their sockets (one on my left 2 one my right)...diagnosed with soft tissue damage around

top of spine!

6weeks later early april 2002...bitten by unknown poisonous insect on trip to USA

this sparked a major fever 2days after returning to UK... wound infection at site of bite and treated with antibiotics for 9months.  Carried on working but never recovered and was forced to stop work altogether in march 2003.  Have had severe me/cfs ever since.

I know I have problems with the HPA axis and also had mitochondrial function test which shows extremely poor mitochondrial function and energy conversion.

I hope this helps with your research, I am happy to answer any questionsbiggrin

• Posted

yes most definetly your experiences do help,the more input from all we can all  stand up to the illness.bless you,WE WILL FIND A WAY TO PUT THIS RIGHT x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.