Is there any positive stories about the use of Zopiclone?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had insomnia since i was 15 years of age and has really effected my work life dramatically. i started to take Zopiclone 4 tears ago at the age of 37 and it has proven very successful for me with little side effects. You hear of a lot of negative reports on zopiclone on forums etc, but i will say its been a life changer for me. I take one per night and thats it. But now its i cannot get it as easy because it classified as a class c drug. So basically the people who have abused it recreationally have spoiled it for the people who really need it. Do any other insomniacs use it and been successful?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I agree with you it is unfair as it means we will end up taking horrid stuff like night nurse in my oppinion is worse and I would only take it as a last resort , zopiclone is the only thing I know of that you are not left with that horrid morning after feeling . I was in Spain last week and bought myself 2 boxes over the counter for €3 a box so in future I will stock up on holiday
    • Posted

whereabouts in spain did you get otc bren as ive tryed getting them in spain otc with no joy???
    • Posted

do you need a prescription for these bren or just walk in and buy them over the counter??if so,think ill have to sort out a short break to benidorm!! smile
    • Posted

We're did you go dor these please name od chemist Amd how many could you buy at a time

• Posted

Hi Mark.  I have taken Zopiclone for at least fifteen years, and like you, i now find that gps are reluctant to give them out.  My last gp took me of them and prescribed an anti-depressant which i didnt need. I didnt get any decent sleep for about a month and so resorted to buying of the internet. Eventually i changed surgeries, and at the moment i am getting them again on prescription, but for how long, who knpws.  I only take one a night too, thats all i need to get around six hours of sleep. I can function ok on that.  It does seem that these drugs have been abused and now we insomniacs have to suffer.,  I dread each month when its repeat prescription time, will i get them or not.  It never used to be a problem and i think in my case they keep me sane. I felt absolutely dreadful when i wasnt getting any. 
    • Posted

Yor experience is somewhat uncannily similar to mine. Do you feel you are being judged when go to the pharmacy to collect them? I do, and its just so horrid but they have no idea. The just immediately think you are an addict and to watch out. well thats how i feel.
    • Posted

Yes, i do feel a bit guilty. Dont know why, its stupid. We have done nothing wrong.  I wonder what will happen in the future as regards these drugs. Will they ban them altogether, do you think?
    • Posted

No i dont think they will ban them because there so many people addicted to them like valium. Its a problem because you have to buy them illegaly and they dont know where they have come from. 

• Posted

Yes over the counter and this stupid country have done this,just hope laxative dose not become a recreationally drug then we will all b.e in the poo
    • Posted

Hi Bren what pharmaceutical co are they made by. Is it Sanofi or Actavis, and are they any good.  Think i might book a short brerak to Spain soon.
    • Posted

Activas is a genuine pharmaceutical company and the zoplicone are spot on (so I have been told)
    • Posted

The box has limovan 7.5.  Aventis.   The zopiclone word is in small print and you get 30 not 28 lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.