Is there any positive stories about the use of Zopiclone?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had insomnia since i was 15 years of age and has really effected my work life dramatically. i started to take Zopiclone 4 tears ago at the age of 37 and it has proven very successful for me with little side effects. You hear of a lot of negative reports on zopiclone on forums etc, but i will say its been a life changer for me. I take one per night and thats it. But now its i cannot get it as easy because it classified as a class c drug. So basically the people who have abused it recreationally have spoiled it for the people who really need it. Do any other insomniacs use it and been successful?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes there certainly is,

I have been on zopiclone since 2008 and generally nothing else. I have had to up the dose but that is my concern. I will speak only on my behalf and say that there are several zopiclone users who just take them, know nothing of this forum and know nothing of all the aniti zopiclone nonsense. Until  this year most did not , certainly in the UK, get slightly excited over the drug. From my point of view my life is self limited by a blood cancer which  I am surviving but could kill me. Therefore zopiclone go way, way down in priority. I have no problem taking them and still do. through doctor pressure I tried to get off them but had the worst 8 weeks of my leukaemia ridden life. I was dangerous, not with it, could not drive and that through anti histamines mainly so I would say if it don' t cause grief or kidney or liver problems ( mine through my illness are always being checked anyway) sod the addiction, unless they make you ill or you are very young then stick with zopiclone. Because it has become like the wild west and there are wanted posters everywhere if you do have to very, very sadly but unfortunately a corner we have been backed into obtain zopiclone other than at your pharmacy then they should not cause you anything but relief. I have never had side effects and be careful of auto suggestion cos you are on a web site that probably has some with bad tales of zopiclone but go by your opinion. I will probably not get support over my comments but i am speaking the truth, as I see it. Good luck and be of strong mind. I am back with my zopiclone, have changed my doctor and will see how it goes but have has a week of normality, thank God

• Posted

I have been on Zop for about 16 years with no problems. No hangover or side effects from 3.75mg per night. The only problem I have had recently is one of my doctors trying to stop me taking them and now can only be prescribed one month at a time thus doubling my costs. I too wonder how long it will be before they cease to be available so I am thinking hard about strategies to come off them. No help at all from GP/NHS - I'm thinkiing about hypnotherapy.
    • Posted

There is an organisation called CITA that can give you help and advice for coming of these types of drugs. Google it.
    • Posted

Well thats the thing Vivien i dont have the urge to come off them because they work just fine with very little side effects. Its just harder to obtain them because people have been mis treating them. I know i will never cure my insomnia because its hereditary from my mother and have tried almost everything. Its no difference from someone taking an anti depressant everyday.
    • Posted

Well spoken mark,  no they work fine and dont try to mend what aint broke
    • Posted

Yep, little Hitlers, let's stop being nice about these people they do not understand lack of sleep
    • Posted

Your comment that it's no different from taking an antidepressant everyday is spot on. I've been on antidepressants for ages and doctors seem happy to hand them out like candy. I get repeat prescriptions and, when I told the doctor they weren't working, he upped the dose (I may as well come off them soon because there's no change). Zopiclone, meanwhile, is a whole other story, despite the fact that I found it extremely helpful and it had no side effects. The doctor even told me, "they work but they're not good to take." If it was up to be, it would be zopiclone that I was taking nightly and getting on repeat.
    • Posted

Yes its 'horses for courses'. I tried antidepressants at a low dose and was innefective. It seemed to change the chemistry in my brain that was not in a positive way, i had horrible side effects. Also i tried temazepam and diazepam but didnt do nothing except give me a hangover. The problem with non benzos like Zopiclone some people become tolerant which means they take more and more or are susceptible to addiction like an alcoholic. As we know there are different degrees of alcoholism exists and some go crazy with it and die and some have a glass of wine every night and profit from it. Ultimately there is no magic pill that is good for us. However if we manage our doses responsibly and dont take them when we dont need them we can prevail, I am in no way promoting the use of zopiclone as i would not promote the use of alcohol.
    • Posted

Yes, i quite agree. Have suffered insomnia nearly all my life. I take them responsibly ie: one per night. I am ok with that,  It suits me. Most docs are not interested in whether you can manage without them. Where will it all go, i wonder.
  • Posted

I’ve been suffering with depression, anxiety and insomnia for a long time. The anxiety has now reached the point where my hands and legs shake, my heart is racing, and I jump and feel panic-stricken by any sudden noise. I’ve tried every SSRI and none of them have done anything.

A while back, I was under a lot of stress and my anxiety reached the point where I was having panic attacks and feeling physically ill. Though he was very reluctant, my doctor gave me a short term supply of diazepam and zopiclone. The diazepam didn’t do anything, but I think that was because the doctor would only give a small supply of 2mg tablets – despite the leaflet specifying a higher dosage. I was only prescribed a half dose of zopiclone but it was amazing. It wasn’t so much that it made me sleep (though it helped). What it did was make me feel calmer. In fact, I find it much better than diazepam as a sedative.

Of course, my short term supply ran out and there’s no point trying to get any from the doctor. I tried to find a reputable pharmacy where I could get zopiclone and was devastated to find that it’s now Class C. I bought some Atarax (a prescription antihistamine) but it’s been useless.

It annoys me that doctors are happy to give out SSRIs but medication that has helped someone in their darkest hour is banned – probably by people who have no idea what it’s like to suffer with severe anxiety or insomnia.

I’ve seen websites selling tabs but I’m very suspicious. If anyone knows where to get any, I’d be really grateful if you could send me a PM. Oh, and after reading some of these messages, I think a trip to Spain might be in order.

• Posted

Its not banned its just been registered as a controlled substance because there ia a lot of people taking it recreationally and abusing it or people taking more because of intolerance. Gp's dont want to give them out any more so people are buying from the internet. which has its dangers of course.
  • Posted

Hi Mark, I have been taking them since August 2013,because of a brain aneurysum and at first i went a little crazy with them as well as reading the forums and from what i was reading i was horrified that i was becoming addicted to them, but then i got my act together and really knuckled down and began taking them propberly and now i have no problems i take one 7.5 a night and it's fine. So, now i am not trying to stop taking them because they are helping me and at the end of the day that's all that matters. And best thing of all No side affects only if i don't sleep that is when i get awful migraines.
  • Posted

I have been on zopiclone for years now.

Sadly as you say the Drs on my part of the

Country and now refusing patients zopiclone and all benzodiazepines.

Its a good drug to help you sleep. I would be lost

without it. Luckily my script isn't going to change for

six months so I can relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.