Is there anybody out there that has come off Venlafaxine drug and feels human again?

Posted , 12 users are following.

If so please comment . Tells us how you feel so we have hope . Am having a melt down and I just want to hear from someone that has stopped taking   Venlafaxine, how long you were on it, how long you have been off of it and how you feel.

Thanks

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I stopped cold from 150mg on 27th September after various tries to reduce.

I think I have a "waiting to die attitude" brought on by having a designer mind in an era where no design happens - so i'm useless. Wish I was in the era of testing on myself, finding vacines etc BUT without having to do stoopid doctorates that only prove that you are competant in remembering stuff for exams, and not that you are competant in actually finding stuff. Aussies seems to have some medical successes recently, and one of them was from totally unexpected area of animal. This was not due to paperwork or that they got 100% in their exams, but that seredipity / God led them to a *discovery*. If only this happened to us, we would feel like were more useful to the world huh?

Having feelings *is* useful as we are meant to be the consiousness and to be supportive of those who go out and try stuff, like "lets see if a spear instead of a rock will kill this bear"

I've put stuff into papers / sugested improvements but the press shuts down this effect as it is more difficult to put improvement suggestions in as only accusations sell papers.

That to me is why I get depression - If you put it back to the caveman sense I'm not a working part of my tribe as it were.

Maybe our feelengs cannot go anywhere so they fill up like a bath.

Walking DOES help. you feel as if you are going somewhere / doing something.

If you cannot walk far, walk to shops, then catch bus back. I've always enjoyed trains and I am VERY fortunate to have had work / school / uni on the rails.

I wish that there was something like a "global website" like some of the ones I put in another discussion. We could all be assisting others.

• Posted

Well we have some from New Zealand and I'm Aussie, so this is the best global website, but yes it would be good to have a central point of contact.

Also, researchers could have a look at this stuff.. Ive ben trying to find patterns, ie what happens next, does everyone get the runs after cold turkey etc etc. and that would help them to find patterns and come up with answers.

Global would mean targeted so that is the other side of the coin.

• Posted

I have been on it for one year. I feel no benefit from it and I often feel its making me worse. Want to come off it asap. Been throwing up black stuff today
    • Posted

I weaned off Venlafaxine over 10 months.  I was on it for 9 years.  Stopped once but depression returned, so went back on it.  Helped me a lot.  Been off it over a year now.  sounds like it really does not suit you. If you do decide to stop it take it slowly if you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.