Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Posted , 9 users are following.

How does everyone function with this, I have 3 tears, and now everything is on hold no procedures to help.

I cant believe the pain and feel totally ruled by this. I cant imagine going out, even when we can. I am following all the guidance but seems no progress and I'm so scared I'm stuck with this for life.

How do you life/cope??

thanks

C

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I also have several tears. Absolutely horrendous. Is your diet good? Lots of fibre ? Lots of oil and water? Stool softeners? Hot baths a couple of times a day? Instillagel? Apart from doing this and applying all the creams I'm not sure there is anything else. I also am waiting surgery. Life is just awful. I really feel for you

• Edited

hi

I completely understand want you are going through.

I have this constant burning feeling. I've literally modified my life. stopped my life and more so stopped the gym which is my life.

it has affected my life tremendously...dont do much anymore...

I'm a gay man and i always think i will be alone forever cause of this

• Posted

hi

i feel like my life has totally stopped.

in a way lucky we cant go put at the moment but i hope i can get out once the time comes!

also worried about relationships

x

• Posted

im 3 years fissure free however im still taking movicol x 2 daily

still dread every bowel movement

GTN cream is what finally helped me wiyh lots of other things

sitz bath

veggies

dont use loo roll

• Posted

Hi Natasha, i know this is an old post but i was reading your past comments, very helpful thanks! i had a question about your miralax use /movicol, you said you used 2 doses a day "one in juice through day and 1 at night." my question is how did you drink it through the day, in a separate drinking bottle did you sip on it for 10 hours? thanks.

• Posted

hi

hope your well

yes i take movicol 2 - day

1 sachet in my juice bottle

and one before bed

im oain free at present

are you ok ???

• Edited

After almost two years and botox and diletizam not healing my fissures- nitroglycerin cream and stopping taking fiber supplement helped me. I continuing to take 1/2 cap of miralax every day. I feel for you. I did not think things would ever get better but trying the nitroglycerin cream changed my life. bad headaches but worth it.

• Posted

Hey how long have you been on the dilt I am on week 5 and it's not helping. how long should I keep trying this for???

I have noticed if I take fiber supplements it makes my stool too bulky that may be delaying healing.

I should ask about nitro cream...

• Posted

I tried the diletizam for 3 months at a time a few times. I thought it was helping a few weeks in each time but my colorectal surgeon said it was only partially healing each time.

• Posted

yea frustrating for sure

I've read studies and they say there is no real difference in healing among the 2. but I guess it what works or not works for that person.

how long were you on the gtn? and when did it actually heal your fissure? taking it twice a day? did you just apply the cream outside or did you go in with your finger?

thanks for your time

• Edited

I read the same thing, that there's not a difference in healing rates between the two. Then my colorectal surgeon said the next step for me was the LIS and I requested to just try the rectiv cream. You use it twice a day and insert it inside. I started to feel better after about 8 days, with feeling back to normal after a few weeks. I continued to use it a few more weeks to be sure it healed.

• Posted

that's great. anything else you did differently....???

my issue at the moment are my stools are too bulky...so bought restorolax today. I have a phone app with my family doc on Monday ...not sure to ask him.to stick with dilt a little longer or try gtn....

so desperate here....I stopped wiping...been doing sitz bath twice a day if not working....

and stopped any physical activity

• Edited

Get the LIS. like a couple others on here the fiber supplements made mine too bulky. my routine is 12 ounces of prune juice every night, a colace stool softener, and a bran cereal in the morning. LIS while not perfect seems to have helped me. I'll still get some itch, but I'm only 11 weeks post surgery. The nitro cream might be worth a shot, but in my personal experience non if the creams worked. I would get better a couple days then back to square one.

• Posted

Does everyone go to the loo each day. I am doing and I wonder if this is why I'm not healing

• Posted

yea I am for sure...

but they tell you to drink lots of water...make sure you eat well with fiber etc...and somewhat be active....which all would make you go to the washroom. but key is to not strain and make sure stools are soft.

I'm actually thinking to stop eating and drinking just water for a few days. I know drastic

• Posted

yea mine are too bulky....not helping my situation....just bought restorolax......and stopped psyllium fiber

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.