Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Posted , 9 users are following.

How does everyone function with this, I have 3 tears, and now everything is on hold no procedures to help.

I cant believe the pain and feel totally ruled by this. I cant imagine going out, even when we can. I am following all the guidance but seems no progress and I'm so scared I'm stuck with this for life.

How do you life/cope??

thanks

C

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hi all

ive just switched to Diltiazem from rectogesic (evil stuff) last night and responded better. also got some stronger painkillers so last night was good.

i just want my life back, such as it can be at the moment, i am single too and worried about how this will effect future relationships...if i can ever leave the house... going to the loo is always painful messy, blood everywhere! i use washable wipes now. and a sitz bath.. all the gear...

unless you have been through it you imagine how awful it is

Cx

• Posted

oh you were on gtn? why was it evil? headaches?

how long have you been on dilt?

it hasnt been doing much for me....the constant burning is so annoying.

• Posted

yes, headaches, palpations, itchy and burning and still bleeding so heavily. been on dilt two days so early days x

• Edited

please see a CRS and ask for a LIS

when it's too far gone, no diet or cream is going to fix it. you have to get the surgery to heal it.

in the mean time:

-take sitz baths

-take magnesium citrate or mag oxide supplement daily: this is the best stool softener!

-don't eat white flour foods or anything that is constipating for you

-add kiwis, pears, prunes, flax seed to your diet

-find a good balance between your fibre intake and water intake. too much fibre or too much water can cause really big stools

-buy a portable bidet shower spray to clean yourself. and dab with tissue to clean, do not wipe because sometimes wiping can stretch or open the fissure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.