Is there men who know what they are talking about

Posted , 8 users are following.

hey ladies me again.

i went to the pharmacy today to get something for my anxiety. i told the pharmacist about all my symptomes and he told me i a to young to be in perimenopause, i am 41. he also said that a pelvic scan can't tel if a women is in perimenopause or menopause

this is what i wrote in a previous post, what do you ladies think.

I am 41 and in peri from the beginning of the year, but i think a lot longer. my periods were always regular but for the last 5 years they became very heavy with lots of clots and then a lot of days with spotting. now for 2

monthes it was heavy for 1 day with clots and then spotting. This month it was not heavy at all with no clots but the spotting is still there.

lots of love

nonnie

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like he is book quoting, how old is he?

Quote from healthline

"Therefore, if a physician believes that menopause does not occur until sometime in a woman’s 50s and that the transition period is only about 2 years, then it is not difficult to understand how and why so many women are told they are not in perimenopause when they are in their 30s and early 40s.

However, if we keep with the law of averages, the average age a woman enters perimenopause is sometime in her mid-40s. Barring some other physical illness which should be ruled out if at all possible, if you are in your mid to late 30s or even in your early 40s and you are exhibiting what you believe are symptoms of perimenopause, then you are very likely entering perimenopause."

Note the words if believes and average, no-one knows you better than you..

• Posted

Hi Nonnie

I had a vaginal scan two weeks ago, was shown my ovaries on screen, and told i had reached menopause now ( and i am one year no periods ) he showed me my ovaries said they were non functioning .. No follicles... said my uterine wall was menopause and 4mm.. And even said it will thin a little more yet.. 

So that man knows diddly shi* 

jay xx

• Posted

As much use as a CHOCOLATE TEAPOT!!!! 💓
  • Posted

I am going to see a female gp tomorrow but i am afraid it would be a waist of time. all  they wany to do is blood test and it is going to come back normal. again.
    • Posted

Hi Nonnie 

cant you ask for an ultra sound check all okay..

put your mind at rest..

an FSH blood test ( if you still have regular periods) will come back normal, its not until periods decline to approx just 4 a year that menopause is picked up... 

My first ine came back normal and Doc said i was in peri.

i last had an FSH blood test in 2011 which stated approaching menopause .. And still took 3 years after that to get to full meno..

i was in peri since from age of 41-41 amd i am 50 now .

but good luck, ask for an ultra sound.. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Nonnie.

I appreciate the funny banter on these posts made me laugh..Thank you for that!!! I am learning lots myself as this whole menopause/perimenopause is such a steep learning curve. I think and that is only my humble opinion that it affects us all differently. I know a lady who said she had her children when she was very young and at 39 things started shutting down for her, so what do you know. Listen to your body I think your body will give clues. From what I have read our bodies start to change, well they are always chaning, but already in our 30's they are gearing towards this period we are going thru, from what I have read. There's a great herbalist from the USA(I live in Canada) her name is Susun Weed. She's got a book out on different stages of meno/perimenopause and different treatments, mainly with herbal allies. Needless to say I am at my wits end with my symptoms of severe joint pain in hip and my little joints in small of my back. I have come to the conclusion it MUST be hormone related, will be 50 after all in a few months. I've been crying loads over this past year and a half, sometimes don't even know why, but I figured if it wants to come out, let it flow. I am sure, that anxiety can and is part of this whole transition, as can be depression. And yes that is very familiar to me with heavier bleeding and clots. And I've had spotting as well. Unfortunatly I have a female gyno who I would not recommend. She talked me into having a uterine ablation due to my heavy periods. Had that done in November 2013. And am really sorry I did. Still get all the symptoms breast tenderness, bloating in abdominal region, but no period. I've had no transition into not have my periods and now scarring in my uterus, whilst before I've h a healthy organ I feel I was misinformed and at the time was not able to find a lot of info, till procedure was done. gyno apparently thinks money is to be made in procedures and she is using our female bodies for it...Don't have nice things to say about her!! Thank you Nonnie and all for sharing and caring on this wonderful site. Glad I've discovered you and am part of the many discussions. It helps to have some support and hear of different experiences...much Love and all the best to all of us ladies in this major life transiton.

• Posted

Hi Maria

wow never heard of that uterine Ablation, or endometrial Ablation..

D&C yes ... but this one never ..

for those like me who never heard if it..

heres what is said..

this site was funny... when i read how they described a D&C 

What is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is the removal or destruction of the endometrium (lining of the uterus).  Endometrial ablation is an alternative to hysterectomy for women with heavy uterine bleeding who are wish to avoid hysterectomy.  Most women who have had a successful endometrial ablation will have little or no menstrual bleeding.

How is endometrial ablation done?

Endometrial ablation is usually done using a hysteroscope or resectoscope.  The procedure was developed by Dr. Goldrath in 1979 using a Nd:YAG laser.  I brought endometrial ablation to Northern California in 1985 using the laser.  Although my results of endometrial ablation using the laser were excellent, it is more efficient to use a high-frequency electrical current delivered through a resectoscope.  

The resectoscope can also be used to remove fibroids that are inside the cavity of the uterus and polyps. 

Doesn't a D&C do the same thing?

A D&C is a blind procedure in which the lining of the uterus is scraped.  This is similar to mowing a lawn with your eyes closed - large areas may be missed.  In addition, a D&C only scrapes the surface, similar to mowing a lawn.

Unless the "soil" is removed, there will not be any long lasting effect.  In fact, there has not been a single study published showing any long-term benefit of a D&C.

• Posted

Hi jayneejay

Just realized I left a very long post and probably needed to start a new discussion about this, but I think this is a procedure that is done in North America, not so common in Europe. And now that I have it done know why!! Well how it was exlained to me( I can see this will be another long post!!) It's a small ballon on something that resembles a wand, that is inserted into vagina. once it reaches the uterus it will expand and mold itself to the shape of uterus, then it gets heated to a certain degree and basically the lining of the uterus gets burned away. Not sure if it contains saline? solution. I just had had finished with my period, so really had no uterus lining to be burned off in the first place. I've done some research on YouTube and one alternative doctor referred to it as cauterizing the uterus and how you don't want to do this as they have found blood in pelvic cavity and fallopian tubes. I did have a polyp removed at the same time! Hope this explains. Yes that is what it is called endometrial ablation.

• Posted

...also to add to the previos post the alternative doctor on YOUtube also explained that it makes screening for utering cancer difficult as there is so much tissue changes...I was told if there are problems and the uterus does not do well or I end up with pain and cramping then the uterus gets taken out....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.