Is this balanitis or an STD

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had this red rash apear about a month and a half ago it was very itchy on the under side of my penis it cleared up after about a week and then cane back 2 weeks later then gone and gradually comes back i am also now having uti symptoms i havent had any discharge or blisters i did have unprotected sex about 2 months before the first rashimageimageimageimage

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

it could be a UTI or even a yeast infection, men usually have different symptoms to women.

go get it checked, it doesn't clear itself up

• Posted

i had a urinalysis done and cane back negative for bacteria

• Posted

yeah but that wouldn't show if you had a yeast infection

• Posted

what test would i need to see if its a yeast infection i was applying lotrimin ultra for about a week didnt see much progress but i also stopped using soap and just washing the area with warm water and keeping dry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.