Is this causing set backs?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello i have been on and off this site for the past 15 weeks and to say this has been a rollercoaster ride is an understatement !! i have felt really well but i still get morning anxiety and a bit wobbly amd tired thoroughout the day .

but as well as trying really hard to recover family problems have been really hard. my nanny died 6th nov suddenley and she raised me so it was like loosing my mum, my uncle has terminal lung cancer and had a stroke xmas day so he cannot talk and my auntie needs help coping . and then my dad tells me he has terminal cancer amd only has a few months to live !!! my life is being devestated by awful news.

i had my anxiety attacks and went on cit before all this news amd my husbamd tells me im coping really well but do u rhink the reason im not a lot better yet is because without realising it im strugglimg to take all this news in ?? i have to be brave for my 5 and 6 year old . im still goimg to work but im dragging thro the days some good some bad ?? xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi Nicole,

Sorry to hear your still struggling. I would say that for sure your family news has hindered your recovery. That would shake anyone up. You know there is a ton of advice in everyones posts... you just need to find things that work for you personally. So don't be afraid to take some advice and try it and if it doesn't resonate with you, than try some other things. Everyone wants that one thing, but it ends up being a combination of a bunch of stuff. So for what it's worth... here's what I did and tried and what did/didn't help. mostly I think it was the process of discovery and the fact that I kept trying new things that helped during the time my brain was getting use to the new dosage if drugs.

1. cbd oil: did nothing for me
    2. lorazapam 5mg 1x per day if I Needed it.. lifesaver, but made me tired
    3. better nutrition: I Barely could eat but as I started to feel a bit better I tried to eat healthy and avoided sugar and caffeine
    4. visited a nutritionist: This helped me confirm what I researched about the brain gut connection and she gave me supplements like viatamin C, L-thaninine, milk thistle and viatamin B .. but I did have a hard time implementing this since I was barely eating.
    5. Energy medicine: I took an online course thru mindville academy.
    6. read articles and videos on spirituality.
    7. Finally understood that 80% of what's going on in our head is coming from our gut
    8. Started back in my probiotic and fish oil.
    9. Stopped feeling guilty for feeling bad.
    10. Stopped doing everything and told people that I cannot do things because right now I have anxiety issues I'm dealing with. This was huge because it took the pressure off me.
    11. Guided meditation: It helped me relax for 15 minutes but I didn't do it often

ALL I can say is this... maybe the medicine finally kicked in but I really tried all the above things and after the energy medicine class and focusing on what My body was physically feeling and trying to recognize the timing of when I felt bad (morning anxiety) and how my body rythms work really helped.

So sorry about your losses. It may take longer but you"ll get thru it. ❤

• Posted

thanks cara

i really have been trying to concentrate on what im eatng amd have stopped alcohol and chocolate. ive been havin really bad headaches too which ive been told cud be hormonal as well as stress . i just want to feel like me again, unfortunately i doubt i will for a little while as ive got so much going on . im putting 100% into feeling good tho i am working hard towards being well . i know the cit is workimg as i feel better than i did but its so slow amd am havin lotsa blips along the way . how have u been 100% recovered now cara xxx

• Posted

those family events will set you back even if you weren't on celexa.saying a prayer for all the bad news.

• Posted

You're doing amazingly well, what a lot of stress on top of trying to recover!

15 weeks is still early days anyway... so you'd still be recovering under normal circumstances, let alone under the family circumstances you're describing.

Sending you good wishes,

Ruth.

• Posted

is 15 weeks really still early as thats very comforting as i keep thinking 4 months next week i shud be better. thanks for taking time to reply , if the headaches amd anxiety would stop i know i would be ok!

• Posted

They will stop, but the added stress of events is bound to take its toll a bit. Hang in there!

Best wishes,

Ruth.

• Posted

Hugs Nicola, Celexa will assist you with coping, but it can not take away the emotional pain. Its always good to keep an eye on side effects and if any persist, let your doctor know to avoid mistaking for something else. I wish you lots of strength.

• Posted

thanks paula

im seeing the doctor on the 30th and hope to get these headaches sorted its not nice constantly having a hedache !

• Posted

That is a lot to handle for anyone, I'd say you're experiencing the same things anyone on meds or not would considering what you're going through. I wouldn't worry that it's a setback its the emotions that come with a lot of life stresses being tossed at you in a short time. Be strong, and take it day by day.

So sorry to hear of your losses, I'll also say a prayer for you.

• Posted

thanks for your reply . i know im not superwoman amd i have to take day by day to cope with all these situations , i know without the meds i would be unable to cope so keeping strong and thinking about my kids is making it much easier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.