Is this chronic fatigue syndrome?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I am getting this symptoms episodic ex: at some times I have lot of energy and completely fine and can do all work and feeling great. This is especially after I wake up from sleep, nap etc. But after a few hours I go to fatigue state, its hard to describe but these are what I am experiencing when its happening. Physical symptoms include fatigue, tiredness, difficult to move hands, walk and even standing still is difficult and I can feel the weight on my legs and me seem like wobbling, hands seem like shaking, tremor like etc also some kind of lightheartedness too. Concerning breathing at this time take rapid exhales and also no of breath cycles increased. This kind of breathing only during this fatigue state and not due to any kind of stress, anxiety etc. Mentally during this state I feel no interest in any thing mainly because of this tiredness life seem so hopeless. Also hard to concentrate, work, think, memory also bad, brain fog just like a very old person. This fatigue cycles come and goes and is not triggered by exertion. It comes with no reason and goes also after some hours. Also during this fatigue state hard to fall into sleep and also hard to get out from bed. At late nights it usually comes and hard to walk and also hard to go to sleep though I am in bed.

Anyone experience episodic fatigues like this?

I have went to a cardiologist and he done ecg, echo etc and simply dismissed saying its anxiety. Done blood tests like kidney, liver, glucose test, cholesterol all and all normal. Concerning thyroid i have sub clinical hypothyroidism but on treatment for last 7 years but and values normal. I have experienced this years before in some degree but nowadays its increasing and hard to cope.

Thanks all

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply. After the dog walk yesterday was shopping, The two together  has definately wiped me out. Why can't I pick one bag of shopping up at a time instead of two or three. My arm muscles are cold and painful, will I ever learn. I'm not sure if you are joking about the breed of the dog. Retriever who looks at me and wants to know why it is not me walking her. Tough going isn't it. Old saying Man/Lady plans God laughs
    • Posted

I started to take calcium supplements which appropiate magnesium and vitamin d and found a huge improvement. May be my episodic fatigue due to low serum calcium levels though I not tested. Anyway its worth to do a trial of calcium supplements if not taking it.
    • Posted

Hi des,

I've not heard of calcium levels being an issue before myself, though have heard of vitamin d deficiency in cfs/me alot. Maybe that being In the vitamin supplement, it helped too?

Any relief is good though.

I took calcium at the onset of my cfs/me due to an injury and have no marker to say I felt better then. I take it sporadically now.

Hope you continue to feel some relief

Beverley

• Posted

Try calcium supplements and see if its helping. Also vitamin D and magnesium need to be present. Magnesium defeciency itself is one of the reason for chronic fatigue.
    • Posted

Hi retriever,

Yes, I was joking about the dog : )

One of the hardest things with this condition is our brain accepting we can't do things like once could. I can't lift shopping bags at all due to pain- luckily, otherwise, like you'd be doing the 3/4! Learn from this time, less Is Best

Beverley

• Posted

hi l struggle carrying one bag now, and liked you thought nothing of being loaded up.  l also conceded to a dreaded bag on wheels, dont like it, but it saves carrying, but also get the heavy stuff, dog food, detergents, etc delivered from asda, only costs from a pound. Trying to save energy for whats most important, not that l always get it right, l always loved gardening, the heavier and more rugged the better, now can potter with ligth work, on a good day. Yesterday lovely sunny day, didnt feel too bad, so did some garden tidying, bit hard going but l managed, and glad for results, today fit for nothing. Hope tomorrow l,ll have improved.  Can you lighten your lot on practical,s, have a home delivery of heavy shopping, Walk the dog shorter distances and throw a ball for him in the park, still good exercise and they enjoy retrieving, dont tell me your retriever doesnt retrieve, lol.  l guess instinct and hope keeps us going, whilst trying to adapt to doing less, without the frustration annoyance about it.  l,m older also, and on my own, some might think that bad, some good, but not easy in some ways, though your not responsible for anyone elses care. But being older its not as easy to see a cure in near future, as those who are young and have time on their side, but you never know, see worth trying to keep hope going, and find something that helps along the way. whatever it might be.  We all have bad days, weeks, and might sound different at those times.  Rambled on, keep battlilng and keep hope if you can, best wishes
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply lynne. Yes you are right I should lighten my load but I have yet to accept I can;t do what I used to. Like you I have not got time on my side 79 in July lots of bad thoughts cross your mind. By the way my retriever does not retrieve funny I know but she just looks at you and

says you threw it you fetch it. Mind you she is 10 yrs old.

• Posted

l understand how you feel, l,m still battling to adapt, always was an active person, loved walking mile, rambling scrambling climbing, as you will know growing up in times where even as kids you wandered all around the area, countryside, towns, safe and made your own entertainment, which was highly active, masses of energy stamina, l also think even healthy people and kids arent as energised now. Why anyone would want to be a couch potato glued to tv beyond me. l,m in transition of trying to adapt, and also not knowing what the bottom line is, l think and hope at least summer will improve things, be it pottering in garden, at least getting out a bit more, its winter thats worse. l bet lilke me you also worry about the dog, l do mine, she helps motivate me to get up and function, she,s a terrible terrier, l always had big dogs, Collies, gsd,springer, and do love retriever=big teddy bears, l got a little dog again due to ageing and health probs, she,s been worse than all the big dogs l had, little bother makers and noisier, but she,s funny and affectionate at times. l flip between plans to travel and have adventures, to sitting and reading  books for knowledge, but dont do either, there is also a saying have the courage to change what we can and accept with grace what we cant, still battling to manage either, so just battle on with the daily events. So you cant exercise the dog by throwing balls, as the retriever doesnt retrieve, she,s trained you to do the  retrieving, well she is 70yrs old, theyre smarter than us.  Good luck, and with the FETCH lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.