Is this common?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there, I have posted before regarding costochondritis and have always found all your help very helpful.

I was diagnosed with what the docs think is costochondritis after being in daily pain for 12 weeks.

The last 2 weeks I have had very little and sometimes no pain at all.

Today I have been suffering again, with pain just as before.

So my question is.. Is this what costo does? Comes and goes for weeks on and off at a time and am I likely to suffer long term with this now?

Many thanks in advance and I wish you all a very merry Christmas 🎄

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm suffering also today

it gets me so stressed out

and mine does come and go

not all the time but I thought it just happened to me? cant believe it seems quite common

wishing you a pain free Christmas and a happy new year x

• Posted

Although I am so sorry you are suffering, I am glad its not just me who has this annoyance of thinking it may have gone just for it to come back again! 😔

Thankyou for your reply and I hope you manage to get some relief and enjoy a lovely Christmas xx

• Posted

Mine comes and goes, although I hurt more often than not. The degree of pain also varies; I can barely notice it or I can't even breathe without pain.

I've had costo for years. I find occasional relief with myofascial release and it worsens with lifting or even just anything that requires upper body movement.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are also suffering... It's such a strange condition to suffer from isn't it. Messes with my head aswell as the physical pain and just when I think I may be over it... Boom!! Up it pops again!!! xx

• Posted

follow this as i am the same i think my yoga triggers mine with planks as i had massage better heat ice but mine is pain through breast that always scare me even though had mammogram last year . only really had diagnosed by symptoms not sure if there are physical tests to confirm? i do wonder if when we get tense over situations is a trigger like xmas lots to organise i know supposed to be a happy time but these days busy . happy christmas

• Posted

I find it get worse when I'm stressed

I've asked for a scan but they wont give me one

just tell me to take painkillers

• Posted

deb there's is nothing. no test that will show it. its all by how you feel. I have it and I have ibs d. irritable bowel syndrome. and there's no testing to show that either. that's what's so nice about support groups . they understand what you go throw .

• Posted

yes same for me alternate ice heat helps too do try it xx

• Posted

my hot water bottle is my best friend lol xx

• Posted

yes me too i spend winter time in spain thinkin the climate would help but it doesnt make any diffetence , i even sit in thes un with me water bottle on shoulder blade haha but r health wellbeing in general is better

• Posted

heat help mine also. ice does nothing. lightly and gentally circle motions help.

• Posted

its horrible condition

good to know I'm not alone

xx

• Posted

what great info i have a flare up at mo can i tell you symptoms as my health anxeity thriugh roof thinking lung cancer like a knor pain through left shoukder blade into chest wall up neck and down arm good to get support it scare me as you read symptom relate to lung cancer i know i dont smoke but it is a symptom x

• Posted

I get pain down my left arm and in the sternum

and side of breast (left) it gets me so anxious which makes me panic even more

would not wish it on anyone

hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

yes it does wane. and sometimes it shows in different ways. I heard people say that they had sharp pains in the back and some say more pain on the right rib more than the other side . sometimes more pain than before . saddened sharp pain in between ribs when you move a certain way . and will knock the wind out of you and cause a anxiety and panic attack. it you sit back and think what you did the first time it happen to cause it . like pulling something heavy fell and hit your chest . something hit you in your chest. something pulled those chest muscles and damaged the sternum. not sure I'm spelling that correct. I remember when mine happen. July 6th 2004 trying to move a big picnic table behind a zoo park .for my daughters birthday . didn't realized it was cemented down with all the picnic table clothes .not thinking I grabbed it and tried to lift it not knowing and I should have went to the e.r. pain was unbearable. I didn't want to scare my children so I sucked it up for almost a year and had a MRI on my shoulder because it was always in pain and I. had arthritis settled in on both shoulders. MRI and stays do not show pulled muscles in the chest no way of seeing cosmo.. its only told by feeling it and these groups. you ask some Drs and they look confused and don't know anything about it. smh there's so much on it now 15 years ago or more . you didn't heard about it . I had to do my own resources on it. just read as much as you can find on it. and know your not alone . and you can get some really good useful advice from these support sites. merry Christmas to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.