Is this genital or oral herpes or neither?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I was recently with someone that told me they had genital herpes.  We were safe and she was on suppressive therapy.  Unfortunately, I started showing some signs of herpes; malaise, fatigue, nerve issues, photophobia.  I did not have any lesions.  I took the IGG blood test (this was 4 months after last sexual encounter) and my oral was 15.5 and genital was 1.1. (I have always know I have oral). I am going today to get the Western Blot since my HSV2 was only 1.1.  I now have been noticing about once a week for the past few weeks red dots on my buttocks.  I have uploaded some pictures.  Is this consistent with herpes?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there. Curio us to know if those pimples were genital herpes or not ? I know is someone experiencing similar symptoms ?
  • Posted

Hi there. Curio us to know if those pimples were genital herpes or not ? I know is someone experiencing similar symptoms ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.