Is this herpes or am I irritated by the tampons?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I started my period Thursday and it ended Sunday. I was wearing a U Kotex tampon and ended up leaving it in for a straight 8 hours because my period was going away. Once I pulled out the tampon I felt discomfort near my vagina hole on the right side. Finally a bump appear with a white top and couple of hours later. I have been experiencing this problem every since last August of 2015. I had unprotected sex back in August and develop a bump with white top in the same spot I have this bump at. I got tested (blood test) and I was a negative for herpes. I was told it was probably a tear since I develop the bump a day after having rough intercourse. Now I'm starting to develop these bumps near my vagina hole every time when my period ends and when I use tampons. I want to know could this be herpes? Bump does hurt and I am able to use to the bathroom. I'm following a pattern and I'm thinking maybe I could be irritated by the type of tampons I use. What do you guys think?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A bump that recurs, and with periods, is rather suspicious. The next time you have the same bump, while it's still new (within 2 days of appearing, if possible), get it swab tested for herpes.
  • Posted

I've also been using camphonique as when it started yesterday and every other time.
    • Posted

Do they ever open up, turn into shallow sores? Either way, I'd definitely get them swabbed the next time they're like that.
    • Posted

Nope neither one. They just go away on its on. It doesn't hurt when I pee or itch. It just hurts when I actually pressed on them. I'm definitely going to get it check out again. I'm going to also try pads instead of tampons and see if that's the cause if I'm having an allergic reason to the tampons since I notice it only comes when I wear tampons. Thanks for your help!
    • Posted

Hey what did the say ? Did you or do you have random burning when you was on your Period ?
    • Posted

Yes after my period sometimes it will skip a month. I will be getting tested again for the third time to receive a final answer from another doctor since I've had blood test negative and a swapped positive. You should definitely get tested to ease your mind.
    • Posted

I never had sores , just random burning some periods . Everybody keep saying if I should have something if it's burning , it could be tampons. The burning only a few seconds
    • Posted

Thought those bumps looked and sounded rather suspicious and were likely to be herpes, but still sorry to hear that it was confirmed. A positive swab is correct. Very rare to have false positives that way. The blood test depends on the type you had done and how soon after exposure. Since you've had these recurring bumps for a while, I'm surprised you tested negative by blood. Did they test you for herpes IgG or IgM antibodies?
    • Posted

Yes, I got tested IgG for 1 and 2. I still havent went to get tested again but I will soon. I switched tampons that same month and i stopped getting the bumps. 
  • Posted

I think you should probably get check again. I saw a picture and it was a few pictures that look just like the one you posted. I have read that's when a lot of women have their OB during or after their period. It would probably be a good idea to get them swabbed since its reoccurring.
    • Posted

I went to the clinic today to get texted and examine for herpes. They only do the swab test. When she view it she said it will be extremely hard to swab the sore because the sore is flat vs a puss filled blister. She ended up Having another nurse squeeze my sore and she tried to swab it. She also said she doesn't believe it's herpes. She thinks it has something to do with a skin irritation and a yeast infection. My question is when she took the swab she had to dig deeply within the sore. When I came home to actually use the bathroom whenever I pee the pee with go down to my sore and it burned really bad. Could this have something to do with the way she swab my sore? Is that why when pee it's burns? I never burned that bad until I actually went to see her to get a swab.
    • Posted

Yep, it's due to them having to break open the bump, so now it burns when urine passes over the broken skin. However, that's the only way to get a good swab in some cases.
    • Posted

I truly don't know because I haven't had any bumps or sores swabbeb. I haven't experienced it yet ( I pray I don't). I found out through blood testing. I did have a small tear at the bottom of my vagina after sex a week ago. It didn't burn or itch however the next day I started feeling a burning sensation inside my vagina (which wasn't normal). It wasn't painful just not normal it lasted for a few days. Then I noticed what appeared to be a pimple very red with a white head on it on my chest above my breast. It hasn't busted or anything (also not normal). Not sure if that's part of the HSV or not. I pray I never experience a OB on my vagina or mouth.

I read where you said you tested positive for HSV. I'm sorry you have to experience that. It devasted me when I read my results a month ago however I've since turned it over to God. I feel a lot better I still have a life.

• Posted

I've experience my tear and that's I guess when my OB started. My doctor tested me when she saw my tear and it was negative. I guess that shows you blood test doesn't show herpes virus early. When I found out today my heart broke into pieces and I started to cry. Everytime I think about it tears start to fall but then I finally realized it's not a death sentence and I can still live life happy.how long were you depressed when you found out?
    • Posted

Well I learned I was positive a month ago. I was depressed for a little over a week. I confided in a dear friend only to find out she had it as well. She's been a great mentor and giving it all to God. I'm truly OK. Now if I have an OB that may change. But as of now I'm OK.
    • Posted

i have the same experience as you, Pat. is yours HSV-1? supposedly 90% of people have the virus laying dormant in them, some even from childhood.

i don't know quite the order that they appeared but i also had 2 bumps above my breast ( 1 actually on the areola 1 off it), a bump on my bottom lip (which kept bleeding and bleeding since scab kept getting interference from eating, talking, or it getting caught on something during sleeping), and several bumps on the vulva. the one on the areola of my right breast started as what felt like a bruise but later it popped, which i realized only after my bra stuck to it so it really hurt to pry it off. the 2nd one showed up on my skin so i could see it a lot better. it was a red bump with a white center and looked to pop at any time like a pimple. no pain inside the vaginal opening but on the outside, vulva felt so swollen and hurt to move around, sitting down, getting up, sleeping through the night lying down, every movement was a struggle. in the shower, i felt around and it was a few bumps but 2-3 mornings later, the moments after peeing became excruciatingly painful. it was around this time, i started getting a very sore and swollen throat as if my body was fighting something and broke out in cold sweats for 2 days. when i felt better and after i dipped in a cold bath to get some relief from the pain, i looked through a mirror and could see that the bumps had opened up. which would explain why my pantiliners were getting soaked with very liquidy watery yellow fluids. which is not my normal consistency of vaginal discharge.

• Posted

i forgot to include. i have not been tested yet but i'm currently waiting to get an appointment before my insurance runs out. not that i would've wished for this sooner but i don't know what my options for follow-up during the treatment stage will be after the policy expires and i can't renew with the same benefits.

how long did it take for the bottom of your vagina to heal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.