Is this lung cancer?? Help! I'm having anxiety attacks

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey guy's I am really worried, I may have lung cancer. I am 22 years old. I've been having colds for the past month, i was on antibiotics and now it seems to be getting better. But now another I have dry cough, and chest discomfort. I was just wondering if these are lung cancer symptoms? I can't sleep at night thinking about it. Thanks guys! I don't smoke either.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

The chances of developing lung cancer at 22 and being a NON smoker is tremendously low. Have you seen an allergist. My health anxiety lands me in the emergency room too often. They said to me no its not lung cancer your 29. I said well I do smoke a pack a day. He said for lung cancer at my age I would have to smoke 20 packs a day every day for many many years. Colds suck. And linger. Vitamin c , vitamin D and allergy meds probably. I'm no where near being a Dr tho just my opinion.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! I do hope this is nothing serious! 
  • Posted

You probably just have mucus that had drained down into your lungs.possibly bronchitis or it's just working your way down. I don't think you have lung cancer at all! Symptoms would be wayyyyy worse and painful.
  • Posted

Thanks guys for the replies! I just need to keep my anxiety down I guess. About a month ago I thought I had colon cancer. Just to end my cuirousity what are the signs of cancer?
    • Posted

I always think I have something. So just take it easy, your just getting over a sickness. Have you seen a therapist? You should talk to one and let them know your becoming anxious and it makes you think something is wrong with you. You need to put ur mind at ease.
    • Posted

Yeah i am seeing a psychiatrist for a couple of weeks now. I don't know if he's helping though. But i guess he is. How did you over come your anxiety? I've been like this for almost a year now from bladder to lymphoma to melanoma leukemia colon and now lung sad
  • Posted

I have the same problem, but it usually happen when I lay down straight. 

Taking vitamin C , and inhailing eucalyptus oil helps a lot.

• Posted

The chances of you having lung cancer at 22 and being a non smoker are slim.i think your just worrying too much.lung cancer patients usually have a persistent Nasty cough and cough up a lot of blood and have breathing difficulties and are usually heavy smokers.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply! And i know it's slim but i don't know every ache and pain is cancer to me sad
  • Posted

chest colds take up to six weeks to recover from. Antibiotics do not solve any virus issues, only bacteria and its usually both or viral. Drink lots of juices and water and steamy showers or heat up a pan of water and throw a towel over your head to get your own little steam machine. Saline rinses help too. A quick blood test would show if your infection has healed and a quick xray would rule out pnemonia or bronchitis. Highly highhly doubtable its cancer.  This will pass soon enough.
  • Posted

Hi sorry you feel like this there is nothing worse than when you get a thought in your head, but it is probably just one of the coughs going about.

Perhaps you should try something simple like honey and lemon or see a pharmacist for a bottle of mixture.  I hope these thoughts go away.

• Posted

Thanks guys for the support and replies! I've seen a doctor and he told me that it's just probably due to allergies. I'm happy with the diagnosis, but I am still somehow scared.
  • Posted

I had a cough that lasted 6 months once,this was before I had Anxiety,it was so bad I ended up with a hernia. The Dr told me it was asthma,I don't think it was,as I've never had an asthma attack. I don't know what caused it but I'm fine now. I've also worried about bowel cancer,the thing is,if you start worring about an illness, your gut suffers,which leads to the trots,which is one of the symptoms of bowl cancer,but there's more chance of it  being your nerves. I became obsessed with the colour of my stools (I know its gross),I read that an unhealthy stool is clay coloured,mine was a medium brown,which I thought was the colour of clay,so I worried and worried for weeks until I had a dark brown stool,I then found out that clay colour was a a light gray (after the clay has been in the kiln),I then started worring about my dark stool lol.

Try not to worry,the chances of you have cancer at 22 is remote. If you think you've got an illness you will get a symptom from that illness. Anxiety loves mimicking illnesses, I know I've every illness under the sun (I thought I had). I'm fine now so beating anxiety is possible.

P.S. Insomnia makes anxiety 10x worse,so try a sort your sleep out.

• Posted

Hi I feel the same way how did you get help ? Driving me crazy this week I think I have lung cancer my body feels unwell everyone tells me it's my aniexty !! So overwhelmed and sad !! I have 4 kids who depend on me 

• Posted

Any cancer at your age,u will have to be very unlucky.because ur body is still young and functional 

I suffer with health anexity and your be amazed what your mind can do to you but Lung cancer at 20 is not impossible but your gonna have to be really really unlucky my friend don't worry and don't google 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.