Is this MS or anxiety? Awaiting mri

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am a 22 year old female and a couple of months ago I started getting a pins and needles sensation in my toes. Although I had it in both feet, it was predominantly worse for my left side. I also found that bending or crossing my legs would make it worse. After speaking to my doctor he presumed it was just a pinched nerve.

Shortly after the pins and needles in my toes recovered (not 100%). But then went on to develop in my arms. It started as the aims in my elbows and wrists and would then occasionally cause tingling in my pinky and ring finger. After speaking to my doctor again he has scheduled me for an mri in two months time and ever since I have been getting anxiety over not knowing what is wrong with me!

Again the tingling and pain in my arms subsided but I still often get electric shock type feelings in different locations on my body and slight twitching in areas.

I also feel as though my memory has been terrible as I often forget what I am about to do but my boyfriend thinks it's all in my head as I have convinced myself that I have ms. Any opinions would be kindly appreciated!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow this sounds very much like I wrote this although I have had what I feel is the worst case of anxiety ever due to harassment from my ex husband who is now trying to take our children away and despite no reason for it I cannot rationalise it in my mind and I always think of the worst case scenario. Somy doctor put me on mirtazapine seeing how distressed I was and a week later the tingling sole of my left foot started. Nearly 4 weeks later it is still there but quite a bit better. This happened to me a week after my ex husband left the marital house 3 years ago but this was all along the top side of my arm from just above the elbow to my top of my hand. It coincides with anxiety but I'm still petrified. I'm thinking of asking for an mri as I have private health insurance with work.

Hope you get on ok with yours x

• Posted

I have both MS and anxiety, go figure. The symtoms do mimic eachother but  you defiantly know your body and will know if it is more than a worry symtom. I also can tell you that anxiety will make my MS symtoms so much worse.I was diagnosed with MS in 2001 and now in my 30's it is really starting to affect me. I went of meds for awhile becuase I thought I would be fine with out treatment and boy was I wrong. Keep me posted on the results of the MRI and I am here if you need any support with MS. I am no expert and am barely learing to cope but it is a scary disease that requires tons of support. Best of luck

• Posted

Please keep us updated. Hoping for the best.

• Posted

My MS symtoms have improved greatly however I am still dealing with the anxiety. It has been 2 months that I am anxious all day and I find it hard to do the things I want in life. I am fighting through it. I have no choice but to.
  • Posted

I had the same trouble.

After the tests. I was told it is MS.

Don't go by what anyone says on this forum.

It might be serious. But then again might not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.