Is this normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Was wondering if anybody else experienced slight racing heart around 2 hours after taking zoloft. It is just like I'm starting over again on it. Maybe its just kicking in. I take my pill at 9 in the morning. Haven't missed a pill. Maybe need to up my strength. I take 50 and its 7 weeks in. Thanks for any reply.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hope I can reassure you by saying I definitely had the same thing. It would also come back other times of the day for me. It will eventually stop happening once your body gets used to the meds.
    • Posted

Thank you Lawrence, appreciate your comment. Makes me feel better. So glad we have this forum. 😀

• Posted

Hey Brenda, I had the same racing heart for a few days in the first fortnight but haven’t had it since, hopefully it settles down for you soon smile 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, I will just hang in there. Sooner or later this will resolve itself.
  • Posted

Hey there smile

My dose was increased from 100 mg to 150 mg about 2 and a half months ago. I too have this increased heart beat and feeling of anxiousness right after I take my sertraline. I eat on it as well. At first I thought that maybe it was me just making myself anxious because I was scared of the increased dosage, but now, ten weeks later, it doesn't do this every time anymore. Sometimes i dont even feel the sertealine when I take it like I used to, and other times that jitteriness returns when I first take it.

I think it's our body trying to stabilize on the medication in all honesty. It does go away because I've been on sertraline for about 14 years, but whenever we change the dosage or we are new to it it does have these side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.