Is this normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys well took the first mirtazapine and slept for 13 hours and now feel well out of it :-/ it made me go very dizzy when I took it and made me sick not sure this is normal ... Fine while I'm off sick but not when I go back to work .. I took it at 5 and had to go to bed at 6.30 and have just woken up .... Scared tO take it tonight now as have my councling telephone thing at half 9 in morning ... What to do xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was the same on my first dose. Often for the first week people take 7.5mg to give the body(and mind) time to adjust the sedation effects. After 3 weeks I still feel groggy and have memory problems. I work in IT and need to think clearly so I will be changing to another med soon. Another effect I had was achy limbs but I think this is uncommon from what I have read.

If you have to getup early tomorrow maybe take a half dose. And take it as early in the evening as popssible, this laso helps reduce the next day haze.

What dose are you on? And do you do a job were you can manage being a bit groggy?

• Posted

I am on 15 mg I am off sick at mo have been for last 3 months and not sure I'll b going back this year as things r really bad .. Doc is ringing me in a bit so will see what they say thank u xx
    • Posted

Yes she said for me to half the dose and see how I go over the weekend was a bit concerned that I couldn't see very well but said that I should ring my normal doctor on Monday as she was just a random 1 that didn't know my situation ... Thanks for your concern :-)
  • Posted

Whatever, let`s just hope you feel better both Physically and Mentally soon. If it helps, I personally think Mirtazapine is the best Anti depressent there is, shame it has so many side effects, for so many people. But hopefully, if it works for your depression, then everything else will start to come good.

Mirtazapine is a funny drug, in that the lower doses seem to be more sedating (I take 45mg), it`s quite often used as an aid to sleep, especially if there`s anxiety/depression involved.

Paddy

• Posted

yea I do seem to not be crying which I have been doing all week so that's a bonus just gotta wait and see . Thank u for your reply :-) I hope tonight is better on them ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.