Is this normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have serious problems concentrating. Im recently ended a job and started a new job in a solictitors firm and messed it up and now im trying to find a new job but Im really struggling. I feel useless at everything and cant motivate myself to see reason. im really scared and cant talk to anyone. im turring 50 and I know Im going throw the change. can this be normal and will it pass

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there, Henriqueta.  Most of the symptoms are not widely disclosed, so it is scaring. Actualy the only thing know is HOT FLASHES.  It will pass soon or later.  Some people need HRT, some take herbs for balance, some are luck and never felt anything and if they felt, somehow it stopped by itsenf. Always go to your doctor first, he probably wont agree it is peri related but he will test you, and hopefuly will find nothing, and that and your irregular periods are the clue for perimenopause related issues. I believe it is more about changing our atitude towards ourselves - by doing some enjoyable activity and not thinking much about it. You are not useless - feeling sick scares and messes with us. Bless you.
  • Posted

I just wanted to share something with you that JayneeJay has put on here, and that is a blood test - I think it's an FSH test. Jay says the doctors will do the test but it won't show that you're in menopause (or peri) until your periods have reduced to about 3 or 4 a year. About a year ago I had the test done and it came back normal. I had started to experience hot flushes and other symptoms but my periods were still pretty regular. Just thought this was worth sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.