Is this normal for diverticulitis?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but have been reading through other people's posts. I've been suffering with mild diverticulitis for over 2 months. Just taking another course of antibiotics and finally the pains have near enough gone but now i'm starting to have these hot flushes, tiredness and light headed every so often in the day. Is this a normal part of recovery or infection? I feel a little anxious with it so, any good advice would be great!

Mandy x

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mandy hope you’re feeling better. Did you have 2 episodes back to back?  I’m sure taking all the antibiotics you would have some side effects. I’m very anxious too and can make us feel bad.  I’m on my 2nd flare up in 1 month.  Maybe the first round did t work. 
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, im feeling a better the past few days, thanks. Pains not as bad but still there and tender. The weather has been stormy here so could be a sinus headache mixed with everything else making me feel off or just the fact I'm still run down and recovering, but not sure. What I do know, is that I've had a terrible time for months! How are you feeling now?

Mandy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.