Is this Oral Herpes?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi

I recently had a sexual encounter with a woman I met off of Tinder. On the evening of 08/08 she gave me oral and we had protected sex, we also kissed lightly. I was drunk when this happend and I can't remember if she had any visible sores on her lips.

On the evening of the 10/08 I started getting a dull pain on the left side of my lip which has continued since, the pain has now shifted slightly to the center of my lips (both top and bottom). It is dull and light, doesn't cause distress but I can feel it there.

So it will be 4 days since the encounter tonight and I haven't gotten any other symptoms on the lip area (no sores, cuts etc...), only the light pain.

Could this be oral herpes/HSV? I am worried sick, please help me.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have been having samiliar symptoms Have you got to the bottom of these symptoms
  • Posted

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this?? I’ve been exp town i gotta the same thing for getting close to a month now and it looks to be the same exact things. Some days are better than others, but this is the first time I’ve found anything even remotely similar to what I have. Please help!
    • Posted

Experiencing** the same
  • Posted

I’m currently experiencing this too at the moment. I have a partner and worried I might have passed it on to them. I’m not sure if I have it. I went to the doctors on Monday and they told me I have nothing. Even examine my mouth but didn’t give me a test. 
    • Posted

Tbh, I really don’t think it’s herpes. It would be quite a strange outbreak if it was, nothing like the normal cold sores that arise. I have no ulcers, but soreness and swollen inner lips. Such an odd case this is.  I’m going to have to have my doctor take a look. It’s just a bit of an awkward situation because he’s also my boss. 😅

• Posted

Let me know if you find anything. I recently gotten another cold sore in the back of my mouth and some more weird burning on my lips but no outbreak
    • Posted

I meant canker sore lol 
    • Posted

Interesting. I haven’t experienced any burning. It’s more of a Soreness/raw feeling for me. But will let you know if I find anything out. 
    • Posted

Yea the burning is going away but I went to urgent care. They swabbed my throat 3 times and prescribed me medicated mouthwash. I’m waiting on them to call me. The mouthwash helps with any pain you have.  It’s the second time I’ve been checked but they don’t seem to think it’s herpes. They did tell me to set up a appointment with my dentist.
    • Posted

Yea the burn feeling is still there but not as strong anymore. It is said that if you have herpes there would be tingling/burning sensation before a cold sore appears two or three days afterwards but so far 

I got nothing. The burning sensation is fading away.

So I’m not really sure what’s happening.

• Posted

I haven’t gotten any calls from my doctors yet. A whole week has passed by already since my visit. I’m wondering if that means I’m okay?
    • Posted

I just called the office and asked about my results. Came out negative for all the tests. I’m happy but I think I will get another test a month from now Just to make sure.
    • Posted

@leishy1996 did you ever end up getting another test ? i have a similar situation right now. my lips have burned shortly from time to time and i have some little white spots inside and on my lips but they arent like cold sores

• Posted

I have the exact same thing right now... the bumps are all over on the inside of my bottom lip and there are a couple on the tip of my tongue, too. TINY white bumps that look like they're whiteheads almost, but obviously I'm not going to squeeze them. They burn and the spot on my tongue that has them is numb. I also have weird spots that popped up on both corners of my mouth... I'm worried that it's some kind of herpes but none of the herpes pictures look anything like what I have.

• Posted

@jones223 Have you figured anything out since you posted this?

• Posted

I've got a similar issue on my lower lip, I tried a HSV Type 2 test which was negative. Still need to try a HSV Type 1 test.

Let me know if you want to swap pics of the spots to compare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.