Is this really anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

so im back again,

after feling better for the past few week im back at square 1.. this time my anxiety is through the roof ive convinced myself i have lung cancer, non hodgkins lymphoma, breast cancer and now a brain tumour.. can anxiety produce so many system it actually tricks your brain in to thinking you have some terminal illness?? im so stressed over it can someone help xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can! Ive believed ive had a brain tumor for years but had a clear ct scan. The doctor said my brain is "beautiful"...so it looks like anxiety has been the cause of that ugh.

• Posted

ive had every test but a ct apart from a couple of years ago and everything was perfect. the brain tumour is the worse, like now ive got a bitnof neck pain its defo a brain tumour earlier on in the week i had a severe migraine and was sick brain tumour again, in so sick of it. x

• Posted

ugh I know how you feel. Now I'm not worried about a brain tumor but worried about other stuff in my body!

• Posted

yes!!! all the time hun. i literally cant go a day without thinking i have something wrong with me. since around the age of 7 ive had it. its gotten worse and more frequant since having my son 4 years ago. its not just health anxiety with me its all kinds of emotions and thoughts. its the physical side to anxiety too that really gets me. honestly you aint alone!! i often think i have a brain tumor or breast cancer but i mostly worry about my heart! it controls my life alot. my husband kind of knows how to comfort and calm me down now so that helps and also talking....i always feel alot better when opening up to someone that understands.

• Posted

im so sorry youve been dealing with this crap too!! i absolutely hate it, its gone from heart problems, to anurism, brain tumour, all the cancers i could possibly get and now im back on brain tumour, every little pain i get in my head or neck its a brain tumor or if i feel sick its a brain tumour!! eurgh i hate it xx

• Posted

yep been there!! its such a horrible thing live with and so hard explaining it to people who have never felt it before. i wish there was a switch we could use to switch it off. honestly im the same! ive gone through every illness you can think of. my anxiety causes all kinds of symptoms and its likely this is what your feeling. your brain will be thinking up the pain cos its constantly on your mind. i can think about chest pain and then ill start having aching in my arm etc. i get so many physical symptoms its unreal! shortness of breath, chest, arm, shoulder pain, numbness, headaches, dizzyness, palpitations and the list goes on. ive had ECG and came back normal, blood tests for various things and again nothing! i recently had to go and have my eyes tested cos i was feeling my eyes blaring (thought i had a brain tumor) but turns out i need glasses!! your mind is a scary thing. just make sure you have people to talk to. talking really does help! maybe look up some things that will maybe help you calm down. internet is a no go!! it will fuel your fear. but trust me i know exactly how you feel!!!

• Posted

Something That helped me is the Anxiety Guy on YouTube 😃 ive been watching him all day and I feel a little better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.