is this seriously Gerd ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi friends

I am 28 yrs old man and been having Gerd since 2011, on and off, and wasn't taking any prescription, was just trying manage what I eat and drink, and it used to go away after a month or so, then two months ago I did drink some wine and vodka couple of nights and worst Gerd came back, am living painful life now, I hv difficulty in breathing, feeling pain in the esophagus and chest, and my middle waist looks swollen, or if it's quick fat I don't know, had to go to my Doctor and he gave me omeprazole 40mg once daily, I stopped going to the gym as well because few minutes after I start the exercise I feel horrible pain, can't even talk sometimes when the attack hits me. I am waiting now for the results for the H-pilori test and will undergo some other tests. I don't know if this is killing me!

Your experience is highly appreciated, thank you all.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have pain under my ribcage when I have an espisode, but the actual food is stuck in my oesophagus and that is why I throw up, becuase my stomach has moved up into my lower oesophagus my food doesn't go down like it should..

• Posted

God Jennifer that sounds horrendous. I'm glad they've figured out what's up and they're going to opt for surgery, hope you feel better in the long run!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.