Is this TN or not?,please advice.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey friends,

Firstly,everyone get well soon,i hope.

I am 28 years old,male. Sorry for my english not really good.

3 weeks ago I went to my dentist to get my teeth filled.I did not have too many bruises on my teeth and there was no pain after the treatment.

In the following days, my left upper teeth became sensitive hot and cold water even it is impossible to walk cold air.

The dentist looked with x-rays and said root canal treatment would be right.During root canal treatment,dentist make 2 injections to my teeth which one not enough to relief my pain. I felt a bit of pain in my teeth when doing the second injection, which is not normal.

When I got home, my toothache was completely gone, but there was a violent swelling in my upper gum and cheek.My dentist said that my pain was normal and that it would be over in a few days, but it did not pass.When i call him after 2 days with pain he said,problem might be caused by sinus and I had to control my sinuses. I checked all my sinuses and ear and everything seems normal.

When i go to my dentist after he gaves me antibiotic(sefaclor).And told me 7 days/use.I started to use when i come home and on two days after evening my upper left other tooth(which is near my root canal treatment teeth) began to tingle. I didint even chewing anyting. I couldn't sleep until morning and nothing eat because chewing was really painful.

I called my dentist in night because of pain,said me ok take some painkiller and came to me 8 a.m in the morning.

My dentist again x-rayed and said everything seemed normal.

He did not know what to do for a while, but he said did not think it was related to the nerve.Dentist said that if the pain is too much,root canal treatment can be possible.If there is an infection in my root canal,sometimes he said that it would take 10-15 days to see it in x-ray.Ok i got second root canal treatment,during treatment there is no pain and everything seems normal.He said that all my pains which in my gums and cheek will be relief in 1-2 months.

Ok,now 2 weeks gone and my root canal treatment teeths pain when i press with my finger not too much but still hurts specially in the mornings. My real problem is my left cheeck pain under my ear is still there. Also i have left ear or my left upper neck pain which i can't decide.There is a pressure feeling in my left temple specially when i feel myself bad. There is something wrong my left face i don't really describe but i can fell. Not electric shock or stabbing mostly pressure,and like tickling and little tingling on my left face,rarely my left lip burning feelings.I say oh it's okay today over, it starts again another day. 

It was bit long,thanks for reading.

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update;

Ok guys 6 months passed. I use lyrica and b complex during 4 months. Not really easy days.

My symptoms is really weird,i want to ask someone who have this symptoms?

-I have really bad left back tongue prickling or tingling sensation like something stuck in there. This sensation makes a sudden cough on me it is very boring situtation. This feeling comes 3 or 4 days and continous when tingling sensation go my face or ears hurts a lot not sudden again like dull ache and often sudden stabbing.. Lyrica makes me feel better when my faces hurt but nothing makes me good on tongue tingling.. I also feel my left tongue and throat dry.Anyone have this sensation? 

• Posted

I had trouble with Lyrica.See the closed group Lyrica Survivors.The ONLY recommended medication for TN is carbamazepine.IN Australia its called Tegretol.
  • Posted

Time to look elsewhere other than a dentistSee your doctor and maybe he will refer you to a neurologist. He will prescribe Carbomazapine and IF you have TN it will stop the pain.Make sure you start with the lowest dose so when the bad attacks come you can increase it .Best wishes 

• Posted

Yes thanks a lot. I visited 5 good neurologist and all them said back tongue tingling is not a symptom of TN maybe atypical facial pain but not TN. I also recognize when ı left lyrica 3-4 days my tingling sensation gone not much but gum pain incrase very hardly. I am going to see my neurologist for tegretol.Thanks for advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.