Is this TN or not?,please advice.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey friends,

Firstly,everyone get well soon,i hope.

I am 28 years old,male. Sorry for my english not really good.

3 weeks ago I went to my dentist to get my teeth filled.I did not have too many bruises on my teeth and there was no pain after the treatment.

In the following days, my left upper teeth became sensitive hot and cold water even it is impossible to walk cold air.

The dentist looked with x-rays and said root canal treatment would be right.During root canal treatment,dentist make 2 injections to my teeth which one not enough to relief my pain. I felt a bit of pain in my teeth when doing the second injection, which is not normal.

When I got home, my toothache was completely gone, but there was a violent swelling in my upper gum and cheek.My dentist said that my pain was normal and that it would be over in a few days, but it did not pass.When i call him after 2 days with pain he said,problem might be caused by sinus and I had to control my sinuses. I checked all my sinuses and ear and everything seems normal.

When i go to my dentist after he gaves me antibiotic(sefaclor).And told me 7 days/use.I started to use when i come home and on two days after evening my upper left other tooth(which is near my root canal treatment teeth) began to tingle. I didint even chewing anyting. I couldn't sleep until morning and nothing eat because chewing was really painful.

I called my dentist in night because of pain,said me ok take some painkiller and came to me 8 a.m in the morning.

My dentist again x-rayed and said everything seemed normal.

He did not know what to do for a while, but he said did not think it was related to the nerve.Dentist said that if the pain is too much,root canal treatment can be possible.If there is an infection in my root canal,sometimes he said that it would take 10-15 days to see it in x-ray.Ok i got second root canal treatment,during treatment there is no pain and everything seems normal.He said that all my pains which in my gums and cheek will be relief in 1-2 months.

Ok,now 2 weeks gone and my root canal treatment teeths pain when i press with my finger not too much but still hurts specially in the mornings. My real problem is my left cheeck pain under my ear is still there. Also i have left ear or my left upper neck pain which i can't decide.There is a pressure feeling in my left temple specially when i feel myself bad. There is something wrong my left face i don't really describe but i can fell. Not electric shock or stabbing mostly pressure,and like tickling and little tingling on my left face,rarely my left lip burning feelings.I say oh it's okay today over, it starts again another day. 

It was bit long,thanks for reading.

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Update;

Ok friends i went brain and neurosurgeon and he think it is not TN. It can be nerve damage after root canal treatment but shouldn't be parmanent. I am really quiet confused. I went ENT after he suggested to go a ENT. ENT x-rayed again and he said ok nothing wrong with your teeth but your canals really deep inside to your sinus. It can be infected root canals make ear pressure and ear burn,facial burn it can be possible he said that. We can re-make your canal treatments emptying your canals and make soft medicine on teeth and wait for dry to infection like 1-2 month. And also he said we should make fast decision because it can be dangerous if it is infection on sinus or tooth base it can be move to brain.

I am really don't decide what should i do,guys ?  Really confused. I don't know i have ear pressure and something fluid in my ear. Not my ear back also have burn in my face not all of them specially maxillar. My tongue also burning but i think i lot of pressure my tongue and play with my teeths a lot. my tongue's front's seems red like irritation. 

Anyone advice me ?

• Posted

In addition today, ı also have like a little ringing in my ear and ı hear sounds in my left more robotic..? :S
    • Posted

I’m so sorry I’m not familiar with what you are talking about. I wil pray that you get an answer quick and good educated doctors that explain what they are doing.
    • Posted

Thanks Anyazora. I hope.. Anyone teeth pain when laying down when i dont lay i dont have any pain specially tooth.
  • Posted

Ozie I am so sorry that haven't found a solution to your pain. I read on here yesterday a person found relief from pain by taking B1 B6 & B 12.  It is one capsule pill with 100 mg of each vitamin. If you go to puritans Pride on line they have a big sale. Buy 1 get 2 or buy 2 get 3 free.

Our bodies seem to be low in vitamins.

Stay away from sugar & foods with acid, such as tomato's. 

Again, you can take Turmeric 800 mg. It can give you relief from pain for 12-14 hours. I hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks Vicki. Yeap,i bought "B Complex" i dont use but i will definetly soon. My pain is mostly ear oriented i think. Ringing in my ears also burning in my cheeks. Do you know "ringing" is symptoms of Tn? I cant see on the google about that. I really don't use pills i can't really swallow. But one think i consupt turmeric tea lol smile Thanks a lot for lots of good wishes smile

• Posted

Hello Ozie, B complex does not include B12 whick is essential to calm your nerves. According to my Doctor (US),  B12 gives it to you by injection cost $20. Its best to talk to your Dr first. I never try it yet coz I bought a lot of B1B6B12 in PI. About 6 mos supply. Good luck!
    • Posted

I’m taking B1B6B12 tablets with the dosage of 100mg/5mg/50mcg. 3 tablets a day. It works so well for me. It controlled my TN pain for 6 months now.  TN is still there but it seems under control.  On the last reply by Ozie, he said he is taking B complex. This B complex does not contain B12 according to my US doctor. Its in the form of injection cost $20 per shot once a month. My doctor stated that its B12 I need for my TN. Now I find out you can buy B12 in amazon 1000mg and 500mg tablets. I never try it yet but I ordered two bottles of B12 1000mg (150 tablets each bottle) for $16.99. I consulted my niece doctor in PI even sent her a picture of the vitamin B12. She said if I will take the 1000mg B12, I need to stop the B1B6B12 because I will exceed the dosage per day.  Im waiting for my B12 and I will let you know the result once I take it. Always consult your doctors before taking anything to make sure its ok. I hope this will help you guys in all your sufferings from TN. God Bless us all!!
    • Posted

Hi Everyone

I would like you to please be cautious with some suggestions. The B vitamins can be dangerous and only a qualified trained homeopathic or doctor should be advising on dosage to take especially B 12 shots. Test must be done to see if these shots are required before taking them. I have a professional that I consult with first as I have seem many patients suffer severe consequences for taking them when there body did not need them. I know we all mean well but what works for you may not work for another person. It's ok to say what you have tried and what works but always please advise to speak to a professional re B Vitamins. A complex B vitamin supplement is usually enough if you are low on B vitamins. But B12 shots are only for severe cases where brushing all over your body does not heal and they turn black. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here just want to express caution. Thank you

Ozie your throat is not a normal vitamin B reaction I would suggest you stop them immediately and consult a professional homeopathy person before taking anymore.

Thank you

• Posted

Thanks for the caution, thats why I keep reminding them to consult their Doctors like I do. If you noticed to all my replies, the process applied to myself and just sharing the result of the vitamin to my pain. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your response but the post below from 3 days ago that is all I've seen of your post had no mention to consult your Dr. And I was not responding directly to yours but another person as well, as Ozie went off his meds one very dangerous to stop cold turkey and and antiseizures meds have to be weaned off with Dr recommendation as if can cause strokes or seizures as well. I am concerned for Ozie I understand how desperate we all are for wanting to get rid our this terrible pain and information from different sources is great but it has to be shared carefully. Also this forum seems to be world wide so I find a lot of differences is some of the medications available and this can be a factor that can cause side effects as well. When we are new to TN it takes awhile for doctors to be sure it is TN Ozie has very different symptoms so should wait to be sure it is TN and work with his neurologist to determine this beforehand. That is all i have to say.

• Posted

Puritan's PrideVitamin B-100® Complex Timed Release100 mg / 100 Caplets / Item #002812

Serving Size 1 Caplet

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Thiamin 100 mg 6,667%

(Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamin Mononitrate)

Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 100 mg 5,882%

Niacin (as Niacinamide) 100 mg 500%

Vitamin B-6 100 mg 5,000%

(as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)

Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%

Vitamin B-12 100 mcg 1,667%

(as Cyanocobalamin)

Biotin (as d-Biotin) 100 mcg 33%

Pantothenic Acid 100 mg 1,000%

(as d-Calcium Pantothenate)

PABA 10 mg *

(Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)

Inositol 10 mg *

Choline Bitartrate 10 mg *

*Daily Value not established.Directions: For adults, take one (1) caplet daily, preferably with a meal. 

• Posted

Update,

Ok guys,i didin't use medics only use b complex.. My burning sensation in my face gone but i have throat numbness and a little dont feel my left throat ear and mostly neck in mornings. Is it possible to spread  throat ? 

• Posted

Anyone can advice ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.