Is this vestibular papillae or herpes?

Posted , 15 users are following.

File size is too bigThe only symptoms I have been experiencing are itching, and I think my vulva is a bit swollen. However I have not experienced any unusual discharge or illness due to these bumps. I always use protection when having sex and as far as I know none of my sexual partners have genital herpes . imageimage

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i would say its VP. i have something very similar, went to a sexual health clinic because i was concerned it was warts. and he said it wasnt and there was nothing for me to worry about.not sure if VP is known about by all doctors. but having done research and been reassured it wasnt an std id say it is VP.

if you are concerned tho please see your doctor for a formal diagnosis to ease your worries.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback! I have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday, but given that its almost a week away Im freaking out a bit. Did yours itch as well?

• Posted

not that ive noticed. but honestly skin itches so its normal to have the occasional itch even down there. but if its constant maybe its thrush? i only noticed mine after doing a self exam.

but im sure i read somewhere that VP can be itchy for some.

i understand i got nyself all stressed out waiting for my appointment. but im sure everything is fine. keep us updated.

• Posted

mine looks like that too but when i went to a doctor she never notice it and said it was nothing. May i ask if you had contact with your partner after the doctor said it was nothing? i'm afraid to get contact after seeing this even i went to a doctor and said it was nothing. i might infected my partner if this is warts. thank you

• Posted

can anyone having similar to this can answer me?

• Edited

i am a little worried about the white stuff near the hole.. any ideas as to what that could be?

• Edited

white discharge is quite normal, but accompanied with itching would indicate a yeast infection.

• Posted

imageimageimage

i also noticed these bumps on my tongue?

They dont hurt at all, I only noticed because i was inspecting my mouth

update: the itching has significantly gone down in my vaginal region, but the bumps are still there

My doctors appointment isnt until Tuesday morning so feedback is much appreciated!

• Posted

imageimage

its on the sides of my tongue too

• Posted

the bumps on your tongue are just tastebuds

• Posted

Update: My general doctor looked at the bumps on my vagina and is pretty sure it is genital warts. I am scheduling an appointment with an OBGYN to get conformation and to discuss treatment options. As for the bumps on my tongue she said they were nothing to worry about.

Anyone else who has been diagnosed with HPV warts: have you had any other outbreaks since your first one?

• Posted

Any updates? I have the same as yours but only one side.

• Posted

i honestly dont think the vaginal bumps are hpv. it looks like VP to me. theres several on here who have similar pics and doctors have said VP. i have similar and was told it wasnt warts. so im curious as to what your obgyn says

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.