Is this Vestibular Papillomatosis or something else?

Posted , 36 users are following.

I just recently started being sexually active and after examining myself closely I've noticed these bumps?? and I'm not sure what they are. I'm really nervous they might be HPV genital warts. I went to a doctor a couple months ago and she said it could be just irritation from soap I'm using? even though I use natural and fragrance free. I also didn't mention vestibular papillomatosis at my appt. because I didn't find out about it until after. I feel like the bump like things have gotten worse since then too. The only unprotected sex I've had was receiving oral. Can someone please tell me what they think this is? If it is VP, is there a way I can treat it? because I feel like there's just so much and it makes me insecure and embarrassed. Please let me know! Thank you!!!

0 likes, 90 replies

90 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I seem to see both VP and warts.

Your Dr. Will be able to burn them away

• Posted

I am by no means an expert, but I have done a lot of research on this because I have anxiety problems about this kind of stuff. From what I have seen online, vp is typically skin colored, and the main thing that distinguishes them from warts is that they are individual projections in clusters(they all have their own base). Not one jumbled cluster. The stuff you circled resembles VP, but in the middle where you didnt circle looks suspect. Its white, and it's one big rough surface. , which are features of warts. I say go back to the doctor and ask for a second opinion.

Also, condoms do not protect you from warts. You can still get it from skin to skin contact. If this come back as not warts, get the vaccine. It protects you from most cervical cancers and it reduces your chances of getting warts to 10%.

• Posted

oh no the opening of my vagina? ughhh I really hope not. I'll be going to another doctor to get another opinion. I've been worrying about this so much it's the worst. thank you for your help!

• Posted

the opening of the vagina is normal and the rest is vp

• Posted

go to the doctors to make sure but it looks like VP. whatever you do don't do the vinegar test because i did that and it made my VP worse. if you go to my page and post i posted what the doctor told me about VP. but still go get checked to make sure

• Edited

hey i dont think you have warts, im not an expert but some women just slightly more skin at the opening.

• Posted

give us an update!!

• Posted

i have an appointment on tuesday to get it checked out! i'll update then

• Posted

so far 3 doctors i visited said theyre not warts. one said it could possible be from irritation and an obgyn said its normal that every vagina has??? but i dont think thats true. i was pretty sure i was ok until it started itching so im going to another doctor

• Posted

there vestibular papillomatosis google it there benign not warts

• Posted

mine is like hers too. can you tell me if this is VP or something else? i'm really worried and overthinking thank you..

• Posted

any updates on this?? i have the same thing going on

• Posted

This looks like VP. I was diagnosed with it, but was referred to a Medical Doctor with a specialty in Dermatology. He was able to remove it with use of the intimilase laser treatment. He has performed the procedure on men before who can have this as well and said since he has treated the men he hasn't seen them again (over 5 years since treatment). I was his first female patient he treated for this. They freeze you with topical cream and then use the laser. The healing is uncomfortable and took about 9 days before it was back to normal and about a month before I could have sex again. I had a total of two treatments and am completely VP free. I'm based in Canada and I paid out of pocket for the treatment, but my health care spending account under my employer health benefits reimbursed me for the expenses. Best of luck!

• Posted

I have VP as well and feel so embarrassed about it! I am willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of the bumps, but I can't afford to pay for a surgery that is gonna be $2,000+. How much was your surgery? Also, have any of the bumps grown back or is it still all gone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.