Is this Vestibular Papillomatosis or something else?

Posted , 36 users are following.

I just recently started being sexually active and after examining myself closely I've noticed these bumps?? and I'm not sure what they are. I'm really nervous they might be HPV genital warts. I went to a doctor a couple months ago and she said it could be just irritation from soap I'm using? even though I use natural and fragrance free. I also didn't mention vestibular papillomatosis at my appt. because I didn't find out about it until after. I feel like the bump like things have gotten worse since then too. The only unprotected sex I've had was receiving oral. Can someone please tell me what they think this is? If it is VP, is there a way I can treat it? because I feel like there's just so much and it makes me insecure and embarrassed. Please let me know! Thank you!!!

0 likes, 90 replies

90 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

the part on the bottom looks like warts, but i am no expert. do they itch?

• Posted

doctors ive visited said theyre normal, but i just started to notice itching. could the doctors have missed it?

• Posted

i dont know but i have something similar going on. all doctors said they werent warts but one said they could be. all the other doctors had no explanation for what was going on.

• Posted

the only way to know if theyre warts is if you take an HPV test. that'll show you in your system you have the type of warts that appear on your skin/genitals. but I really feel like what you have is VP. has it gotten any better? when I had VP it took mine 3 weeks to finally get better

• Posted

woops i thought you were the original/poster person (to my reply to you)😂

• Posted

how have your's gotten better? if anything i feel like im getting more

• Posted

well i had a yeast infection which caused it so since thats gone I only have a few bumps instead of alot. But my doctor told me irritation/infections can make them re-appear.

• Edited

im coming back to say i've been to several doctors and gynocologists and this is all completely normal!!! so if you notice any of this its just part of your vagina! no need to worry

• Posted

hello. I have mine like yours too. does it itch until now? please reply thank you. are yours better now and vanished?

• Posted

With having these, when they irritate you do you get a white creamy discharge? I'm also nervous to receive oral sex any more. What do you use to stop irritation?

• Posted

hi my vagina looked exactly like this turned out ot was hpv- get yourself tested and treated ASAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.