Is Your BPH this Bad?? Looking for Treatments & Shared Experiences...

Posted , 15 users are following.

Well I'm sure you all know what BPH feels like so Let me get straight to the point to help outline my circumstances and my methods of how I'm trying to deal with it. 

Also, I want to offer Encouragement for everyone as we all are struggling with this and know  that you're not alone in your suffering! I'm in the process of doing long term research to find an answer so myself and others can find relief and a normal life again.

First Things First!

I'm 32 and I have been suffering from urinary related issues for at least a few years, About 1 year ago after realizing I had BPH, I decided enough is enough. I made a massive overhaul to my diet, lifestyle and treatment protocols.

What I Don't Do

No Smoking

No Gluten (No breads, Pasta, Bakery..)

No Soda 

No excessive Sugars (minimal natural forms - fruits)

No Meat

No Dairy (Milk, Cheese, etc..)

No Processed Foods ( Soy, Canola, HFCS, etc..)

No Alcohol (I Just Don't drink)

What I Do

Organic Whole Food Based - Plant & Fruit Diet

Water Daily - Body Weight x 0.66 (estimated intake)

Excercise 15 - 20 mins Minimum Daily 

Sleep 7-8 Hrs Nightly (Like this is even remotely possible?!)

----------------------------------------

* History & Blood Work

Age: 32     Weight: 201lbs     Height: 6'3    Body Fat: 18%      BMI: 24

http://postimg.org/image/6g8fpqyrt

http://postimg.org/image/mpylsn9ft

Listed Above is recent Bood Work for those Who can offer assistance from a medical stand point AND/OR  those who wish to follow along with this Thread and Treatment Protocol

Side Note*

(I'm not presently Interested in drug treatment or surgrey these records and this thread is to find a wholistic approach from the interuptation of the bodys defiencies to help assist  in it's own healing mechanisms and not to circumvent it's natural process)

----------------------------------------

Supplementation

Capsules*            - Treatment Herb Protocol*

Saw Palmetto   - 1g/Once Daily            (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Pumpkin Seed  - 2g/Once Daily            (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Pyguem Bark    - 300mg/Once Daily     (Wild Crafted/Organic)

MarshMallow    - 400mg/Once Daily     (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Stinging Nettle  - 500mg/Once Daily     (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Beta Sitosterol  - 500mg/Once Daily     (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Rosemary         - 500mg/Once Daily     (Wild Crafted/Organic)

Pumpkin Oil      - 1tbsb/Twice Daily      (Cold Pressed/Organic)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liposomals*       - Assisting in Digestion Protocol*

Turmeric             - 1g/Per Tbsp            (Lipsomal/Organic)

Super Probiotic  - 50bn/Per Ounce      (Lipsomal/Organic)

( *Natural Kefir 1bn  *Raw Probiotics 50bn * Inunlin FOS 1gram)

*Per Ounce  *Made with Sunflower Lethicin * bn = Billion

Side Note

I'm Considering Making Lipsomal Saw Palmetto and others to grammatically increase absorption - Will Update Soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tablets*             - Vitamin & Enzyme Protocol*

Eynzmes        - 1Tab/Once Daily            

Multivitamin    - 1Tab/Once Daily          

Selenium        - 400mg/Once Daily        (L-Selenomethionine)

Potass/Mag    - 400mg/Once Daily        (Pot/Mag Citrate)

B12                 - 1Spray/Once Daily      

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powders*             - Vitamin & Enzyme Protocol*

B12                 - 1Spray/Once Daily      

L Glutamine    - 5grams/Once Daily       (Fermented Whole food Source)

Flax Seed       - 5grams/Once Daily       ( Freshly Grinded Organic)

Protein           - 15grams/Once Daily      

Status*

I don't believe I have been on these protocols long enough to see any certain results yet as I justed started the list above within the last 2 weeks 

Symptoms & Rate of Occurences

It seems the symptoms come on stronger at times but it is a constant problem either way to urinate at night it can be 7-8 times or every hour to hour and a half.

I have burning occassionally when only a few drops come out and I have to constantly push for hours on end to get it out sometimes, this can last up to 8 hrs then it seems to break for 5-6 hrs then it comes back for another 6-8 hrs and I do mean those times literally. 

Even Worse, I get RLS or Restless Legs Syndrome that makes you literally want to shoot someone because it drives you mad and I also get it in my arms. These both happen when needing to urinate and only relieves after getting it ALL out.

On a Bad day I can spend 12-13 hrs in the restroom straining. I'm exausted at this point and I desire greatly to fall alseep but that endless feeling of no relief with the restless leg irritation drives you to the point of insanity and keeps you awake.

The Crazy Thing is even with all the removal of toxins and bad foods etc.. it seems to have gotten worse so I'm hoping I'll find an answer and that these supplements and herbs will align my body to health plus help with the DHT and lower inflammation to stop any extra irritation to the prostate.

--------------------------------------

Final Note*

I would love to hear from others if their symptoms are this bad or is this your normal too? Any advice is welcome and I realize I can be meticulous but I'm hoping such documentation & oversight that it will lead us to atleast Gaining relief and a further understanding of how to prevent it getting worse or possibly stop it all together using natural methods.

Thanks for your time and for your Help!!

Knowledge Seeker

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

you're obviously suffering from chronic urine retention - eventually your flow will stop & you could be left with kidney failure, a flaccid bladder, chronic infections & bladder stones etc..

a trip to ER will be your next stop unless you get some professional help

don't understand this "About 1 year ago after realizing I had BPH..." - how did you realize this?

also you have not provided any data regarding your daily fluid intake/urine output?

anyway by whatever means, i hope you get it sorted but be careful as you could end with a indwelling cath or intermittent self- cath for the duration - been there done it.

just a thought, could your prblem be psychological?

good luck & cheerio.

• Posted

first off if the flow was impeded to the point of it being a problem I would take "Emergency Care" hence the point of it as it's not called "Chronic Care"

Secondly, blood results and 24hr urine panel montior kidney function and protien levels so I would know if it caused any decrease before leaving damage.

I do not provide any other information as one no one here is asking for any real reason just agruement sake and further I don't as I'm not seeking medical treatment and even your questions lend to medical treatments that are outdated and sometimes out right dangerous such as the PSA test diagnosing cancers.

some will only learn when others have done it right for decades before they figure it out as people enjoy ignorance I mean think about it how come all the attention to this thread if you don't agree then LEAVE? 

Why must they force there opinions and dogma objections towards me and trying to be insulting?

simply they're ignorant and wish to push aside anything not matching there concept of health and since they aren't willing to ask the right questions which is proven by stating someone is a vegan for 50 years like this holds any merit without looking at all the other things together?

well atleast they match there medical field with separation of body parts cause we all know they dont work together right. it's laughable guys but seriously stop wasting my time and yours.

• Posted

I did not like to suggest that to him but some posters have found that Valium has helped their flow but he is anti drugs
    • Posted

valerian root has the same chemical compound as valium yet without the side effects and addiction of a controlled drug. 

I'm just in Favor of life!

• Posted

"first off if the flow was impeded to the point of it being a problem I would take Emergency Care"

"On a Bad day I can spend 12-13 hrs in the restroom straining".

only 12-13 hrs seems you don't really have problem?.

• Posted

your obviously insane.
    • Posted

I think that we should leave the room and let him get on with his musings.
    • Posted

Now Derek, Thats the only smart thing you've said yet..

I'm going to vote you on that one!

• Posted

"I think that we should leave the room and let him get on with his musings." - i think you should be referring to KS in that regard.
  • Posted

Do you know where the problem is?  Have you had a urodynamics test to see how the system is performing?  It is very basically: Bladder (good pressure or not), Bladder neck( sphincter muscle at the outlet of the bladder before the prostate and whether it is opening enough), Prostate (Pathway through which the urethra passes, enlarged and constricting flow or not) sphincter muscle after the prostate(and whether it is opening enough) urethra through the penis.  It's a bag with a hose and a couple of valves.  Somtimes it helps to identify the mechanics and get them tested to find out where the problem is. 
  • Posted

I gave this advise to a lot of men and as im no urologist just try it but I think what happen if a person is so health concious is that in the first place you might drink too much liquids and water. Crazy as it might seems to be but too much going to the toilet is apparently not good for your prostate. Also a urologist told me that its good to let your bladder get fuller before you urinate.  I also found that the more water I drank the more thirsty I got. A doctor told me to keep all my liquids under 2 litres per day. I thought he was mad but I realized that he was so right as all the water that I was drinking was quite bad for me.

i  

• Posted

Exercise 20 minutes a day maybe far too little.  1-2 hours daily of walking or something more vigorous such as carring 15 kg. uphill for an hour all last thing before sleep plus the rye bread mentioned before then sleep comes good for 5-7 hours.  No other medicines or supplements, wild & organic plant based diet etc.;  without the bread and exercise it can mean getting up every 1 or 2 hours at night. Good luck
  • Posted

You may have a systemic infection if your inability to urinate has gone on for two weeks. If you have seen your doctor and no infection is present, start taking either Flomax by prescription or Sweedish Flower Pollen to increase your urinary stream. But see your doc! 
    • Posted

Jimer  That is what my urologist first put me on.  After 2 week I said no way.  I had 5 of the side effects of this pill Flomax. And at 32 I don't think he like to give up on his sex life..... As for the other never heard of it  Read a couple of articles on them a few minutes ago.  Who do you believe.  One said it works and the other said no way.....Take care  Ken  PS  I'm still glad I had a urolift done  4 weeks ago      

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.