Issues after Gallblader removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had my gallbladder removed two weeks ago. I had 6cm of inflammation surrounding it, 5mm of sludge in it, and a 15mm stone lodged in the neck.

I left the hospital two days after surgery feeling great. The next day I had my first bout with diarrhea and have had that issue about every other day. I can't go anywhere because ther is no warning, and it is explosive. I am also unable to eat because of this.

My BP which is normally quite low, was high for the entire 4 days I was in hospital, while it is not as high at home as in hospital, BP continues to be high with accompanying headaches.

i ran fever every night since surgery, until last night, this is a relief.

I take probiotics and digestive enzymes to help with digestion.

I am frustrated as this was an emergency situation, I spoke with the surgeon and two gastro docs before agreeing to surgery, all three felt it was dangerous with the inflammation, infection, and stone blocking neck, to leave the GB in. How long does the diarrhea last, why is my BP acting like this? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

By the way, I forgot to add that I am British-Nigerian and eat a lot of okra! Various studies have shown that okra is extremely beneficial to our guts. Okra is an acquired taste though!
  • Posted

Hi

sorry to hear you are unwell. I would contact surgeon and make sure he thinks this is normal. I too had issues when my gallbladder was removed. I was catheterised for 3 weeks as my bladder wouldn't worry. They did loads of tests to make sure i didn't have a problem and eventually my bladder started working again. Its worth getting checked over especially with a high bp, diarrhoea is quite normal after gallbladder op.

• Posted

thanks everyone for your encouragement, wisdom, and for caring. Means a lot to me since I live alone and haven't been able to see friends because of my new relationship with the bathroom!  Lord bless you all. Joie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.