issues with liver?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi everyone. going on 15 months with ebv. im 19, eat healthy and never drink. my liver enzymes were elevated on my last blood test 3 months ago. so my doctor is retesting my liver function to see if they went down. i get pain under my right rib cage and im just so scared because i dont know why i would have liver issues at such a young age. is this ebv?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

how long does the pain last? are the pains in different areas each time. mine feel like either dull stabbing type pains or cramping. currently while writing this I have a sharp pain on left side just under the ribs. I get it everywhere around my stomach but not at the same time. I also get the feeling as if something is inside my stomach on right side quite often. but nothing showed up on any scans

• Posted

Hi Kyle,

I think it can be different for everyone these kind of pains, when I had mono there were periods I felt a kind of sharp and dull stabbing type pain in the upper left quadrant area, and other times just more of a general ache. These did settle down for me and I found that it went through phases and it could maybe flare up at certain times during the virus and recovery, but that with time everything did settle completely.

You did the right thing getting a scan Kyle, and take it as reassuring that nothing showed up, that sounds like an indicator that mono is the cause and nothing else, and that it will settle with time. Hoping and praying that is the case for sure.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.