It all began with Globus now feels like catarrh?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Globus in January.  I still have it, kind of sad  However, it feels like I have catarrh stuck in my throat all the time rather than a lump?  Does anyone else get this?

I have had camera up nose, ultrasound and no lump found but nodules on thyroid which I am waiting for consultant to follow up.  

Sometimes I feel very sick and unsure whether that is related or not as I also have Diverticula disease so could be related to that.

Every day I try to be positive and do the Secret self healing, but boy it is getting harder and harder to stay positive. sad

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your response, and hopefully one of these days in the near future we get to write to each other saying "Its all gone" smile. Be well, and be stress free. God bless!

• Posted

Hi! So my sensation started the day after Christmas 2017 it all began with flu like symptoms and a horrible never ending cough. I looked inside my mouth and what.......my uvula was curved and no longer hanging straight down, anyone else experience this??? After a couple months of coughing that stopped but the sensation was still there, so difficult to explain to ppl who have no idea what it’s like. Certain foods and drinks flare it up and some days when I’m being super mom/wife I don’t notice it as bad. The sensation is constant and it makes my chin feel so tight. I’ve had blood work done, endoscopy, laryngoscopy, mri, and ultrasound...,all to which came back normal. What the heck how can a person feel this misrerable yet “nothing” be wrong?!? I also was told globus and to try daily neck exercises as well as a hot neck wrap 3 times a day I pray something helps, 8 months so far as been rough like I feel as though it takes over my life. Happy to find a board with stories to compare and just to have support on what some might say is a problem that doesn’t exist. BY now you would think some cure would be found! Good luck to you all going through this any tips or tricks would be appreciated! 
    • Posted

Hi Kim G,  January I had a severe panic attack. Put me in an ambulance to the Hospital. Scary as heck. Then after I got out and dr told me what it was I was surprised. I let it go and went in with my life. Till it happened 3 more times grrr. Hate  it. Got on anti depressants took 6 weeks to feel normal, but, that’s when everything else started. Globus!!! Was driving me nuts. Went to numerous drs. ENT dr says I had LPR. Silent reflux. So I watch what I eat drink etc. started taking magnesium every day. It went away but I’m also 10 weeks into my panic disorder pills so I’m NOT really sure what stopped it. I hope everyone gets they this tough annoying part of their life!! So much better when it’s over!! 
    • Posted

Hi Jessica! Wow sounds like you have had a struggle with all this as well! Was this your first time experiencing the globus symptoms or had you had them before? I just think it’s crazy how I’m fine one day then the next day my life has totally changed. I read somewhere else about the magnesium maybe I can give that a try. Does your panic disorder pills have any other side effects or have you noticed yet? I am to the point I’ll try anything, I’ve started the heat and exercises about 4 days ago so I basically am trying to save money so I don’t have to go to therapy like they said. Crazy cause stress is a huge part yet I stress about the feeling not to mention all the bills to come from multiple tests to figure out nothings wrong!!! 😩

• Posted

Hi Kim. I never experienced this globus feeling ever before in my life. Stress can cause it as well. It’s super hard to ignore it so how do u not stress right? Try the magnesium everyday. Let me know after 1-2 weeks if it helps. 
    • Posted

Exactly!! My husband is always like put it out of your head but like you said easier said than done! I will def let you know how that works for me and if you come across any helpful tips please share! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.