IT DOESNT GO AWAY

Posted , 16 users are following.

I’ve had bv for 2 years straight sure feels like 10. The first time it happened was because my boyfriend ejaculated inside me from then every time we have sex I get it or it gets worse. I’ve been to 3 different doctors which one of them after a while of repeated prescriptions just told me to take probiotics and didn’t prescribe anything anymore the other one after a while of also trying said it’s because I’m over weight (20 pounds to be exact I am 5’6 and weight 173) I was kind of sad when she said to lose weight and try eating more yogurt and once again didn’t prescribe anything anymore. The third once again after some prescriptions she just game me every month refills and she said I might just have to live like this.. I don’t want to love my life taking medicine bv doesn’t only change the smell for me but the taste as well as I know it can mess up with my reproductive system I just want it to stop sad 

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m free after 5 years of suffering bv uti and yeast infections... I had ureaplasma and didn’t know it and it’s an STI my partner had to get treated as well so I took meds for the bv and the ureaplasma and lastly yeast infection just go get tested for mycoplasma and ureaplasma and get it all treated and you’ll be set free!!!

I’m free after 5 years of suffering bv uti and yeast infections... I had ureaplasma and didn’t know it and it’s a a STI my partner had to get treated as well so I took meds for the bv and the ureaplasma and lastly yeast infections just go get tested for mycoplasma and ureaplasma and get it all treated and you’ll be set free as well

• Posted

What kind of dr did you see about the ureaplasma? 
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing this I will be going to my dr in a bout a week or so and I’ll be sure to mention this to her. I’m glad you got things sorted out! Once again thanks! 
  • Posted

Have you found anything yet? I was reading and I noticed it had been a little while since the last post. Dealing with the same problem as you. Constantly going to the doctor. Taking medication for long periods of time... Which is awful. It actuly makes my abdomen ache...it won't f*****g go away!!!

• Posted

Hi Christina, sadly no I have not I’ve tried sooo many things and nothing has worked for me 😞 it sucks that there’s so many of us going through this, it is horrible and nothing works.. I’ve been reading on some probiotics and I am going to give them a try and let you know how it goes! Take care(:

• Posted

What ultimately worked for me was I stopped having sex for several months. I used a round of antibiotics then after that was finished I used boric acid suppositories 3-4 times a week for several months. I also skipped my period pills so I wouldn't get my period. ( getting my period was a trigger) I had my ph balanced checked at the end of the 4 months, had sex after that & it never came back. I used the boric acid still but only once a week typically. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Megan thanks for sharing! I have currently stopped all sexual activity for about 2 months I also took a round of antibiotics I have tried boric acid and it did not work for me but I didn’t try it this way. Thanks again for sharing and i am glad this worked for you. 
    • Posted

it's very important u have a good relationship with your gyno. We did trial and error pretty much. I'm not sure how long u tried boric acid but u gotta keep it at for several weeks. Also don't take baths, don't use tampons... my gyno gave me some of those ph strips so I could test my ph balance at home. It will get better, I promise.

• Posted

I have been to 3 different gynos since I started suffering from this and they all just seem to give up on  they just kept prescribing the same thing metronidazole and a vagina cream or gel and one of them even stopped prescribing anything she would just say to change up my diet and eat more yogurt drink more water the same with the second doctor and the one I’m with now just gives me refills of the medication.. I don’t take baths ever and when I did it was in one of many attempts  to try and end

This with the apple cider vinegar and peroxide. I’ve never used tampons once again only at the time I was dipping them in coconut and tea tree oil 😩 ugh I’m so frustrated I don’t even want to have sex anymore, I hate this so much. Thank you Megan I sure hope it does. 

• Posted

I’m 38 years old and have been struggling with BV since I was 17. It’s a horribly embarrassing problem and completely ruins self esteem and confidence. When I was young I had no idea how to combat it. The drs look at u like you’re filthy after you’re there a couple times with it, as if IT isn’t humiliating enough. There was no internet then, and no where to turn. As I got older and had more resources to look for cures and prevention, I realized different things work for different women and nothing that worked for everyone else worked for me! I finally, after spending years of recurring infections and more money than I can count found something that’s worked for me, and anyone else that suffered from BV that I led to it. And it was so simple and cheap. I got 30 boric acid suppositories from eBay for ten bucks, and a huge bag of baking soda from Sams Club. I washed my privates with baking soda, and used a boric acid suppository nightly. During this time I am also trying to eat yogurt with live cultures once daily and sometimes even took a drink of apple cider vinegar.  It worked so well that any time I develop a symptom I follow this regimen and it’s gone before it starts.  My oldest daughter also got BV regularly. This worked for her as well and also for a friend of mine who could not seem to get rid of it. I have told these forums for years reading what works for everyone else. I’ve never replied to anyone until now. Now I feel like I have something useful to say and I really hope that this works for someone else. It’s a pretty  Big deal because nothing ever worked for me. Good luck. I hope this can be the beginning of the end of this Unpleasant journey for you.
    • Posted

Hi ! Wow that is a long time I cannot imagine what a horror that must have been. I am honestly so tired and frustrated that absolutely nothing works and YES every time

I go to the dr I just feel even worse i feel dirty when I know I’m not and I have no Idea what could be causing this. I have tried so many things but I never heard of boric acid after baking soda. I have tried acv and it didn’t work for me also eating yogurt. I am very thankful and honored that you decided to reply to me!! And I’m surely very happy that you don’t have to go through that any longer. I will try this and see how it goes once again thank you so much and I hope this is the end of this nightmare for me and other that decide to try this. God bless! 

• Posted

Hey. I know it's been a while since you wrote this, but how did your BV clear up? I've had it for 3 months straight.. Flagyl and Clindamyacin wont take it away. I'm frustrated. I've been checked for STDs 3 times; its negative. My body is dominating the infection. I also did boric acid pills for 2 weeks. Nothing is helping me. Its embarrassing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.