It gets better

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Girls just wanted to remind you all the menopause does stop with time...it don't go on for ever as some people think,I was one of these people couple of months back and thought my life was over and I won't get better and stuck forever in doors and loose my friends

But that has all change I'm now back to normal and no way feel how I was...so all you lovelies will too that day will come nightmare will lift.I hope this message will be give you hope.

God bless and ((((((HUGS)))))) to all

6 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I found that by stopping eating meat because it has so many hormones in it, that I wasn't having so many problems - lots of water to keep the kidneys and bladder flushed - I drink 4 16Oz. bottles of water a day - my skin is itchy all over with some areas worse than others if I don't drink that much water - every day is a challenge but it eventually eases up 

• Posted

Very true. Our factory farms are doing nothing for us, the animals and the environment. We are lucky, we have found a butchter who is as concerned as us - he has his own, free-foraging pigs and buys from other organic farmers. The meat really does taste better and I can enjoy my bacon butties with a clear concience.

Check the calcium content of your water, some of them are very high and it is not well absorbed in that form. Better to drink from a good filter.

• Posted

HI Marnee

I notice you said your skin is itchy, im having severe itching after having showers, even using just water does it, do you think its lack of drinking water then maybe and eating meat? What about to much sugar too?

Sue 

• Posted

Definitely a lack of water - not juice and coffee and tea and sodas but water - the toxins need to be flushed from your body - first I did the water then I kept getting hot flashes and it usually started after supper - as I began to narrow things down I realized it was meat - when I didn't eat meat I only had mild flushes or very little so I started eating meat again and it started all over again - most meat has hormones - lunch meats with all their chemicals were bad - if I ate a little bit of hormone free chicken I was Ok - if I eat something sweet I make sure it is low carb - you will adjust to not having sugar - a piece of fruit is better than a cup cake or cookie - watermelon is very good - reduce your caffeine intake or drink caffeine free - it is a whole new lifestyle - lots of rest and light exercises 

• Posted

i agree with this.  I discovered that I can only have fresh meat, not factory packed and also only free range chicken.  I noticed bad flushes also.  So yes, everything has to be as natural as possible during this phase, our bodies seem to reject everything else.!
  • Posted

Great news Maria! This nightmare just stopped one day? I'm Peri approx 3 yes. My periods come regularly but are short and light and suspect I have a long way til the end. I'm glad to hear there is a light at the end of the he tunnel! Congratulations to you💕

• Posted

Thanks for the reasurrance Maria and really want to believe it - three years in and I still go through so much flipping misery every day , despite trying to stay positive it's so hard. So glad you feel so much better x

• Posted

Hi Maria, happy to hear you're doing well. Can you please tell all the lovely ladies what you took to help you get out of the dark tunnel?

Hugs

• Posted

Hi Sochima8,I have not change my diet or took any vitamins,I did try HRT for 3 weeks but stop it just to scared to take it.....the hotfushes was the first to settle down then the symptoms

I did heard as well if you take HRT and stop it the symptoms will come back

For me it is best to go through mother nature naturally....

Menopause is not a life sentence all I know we have lost the most important hormones in the body and this is for life,but because somebody still get hot flashes in there 80's don't mean you will too.

• Posted

HA I've been in it for ten years and still getting the hot flushes and other symptoms and my mother shill had hot flushes to till the day she died at 86

• Posted

Thanks Mairia, that's a good bit of news with which to start the day!biggrin

I need some good news - I'm going for a TV scan today - not something I'm looking forward to.

• Posted

Hey bobbysgirl. I hope everything goes good with the scan today. Let us know how it goes. Thinking about you!
    • Posted

Thanks for that. I got my appointments mixed up, the scan is next week.rolleyes

I'm going to post about the other appointment when I have calmed down - I am SO cross about it!!! It is not connected with meno but I need to vent to nice folks who understand my frustrations.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.