It is possible that i have prostate cancer? Im young man and scared to death

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello so i have these troubles: more frequently urinating, like 8 times per day for 2 liters of water. No night urinating, no pain while urinating. But im feeling discomfort down there.. little pain or something? Not all the time, maybe 60% of time per day. Also they found microscopic blood in my urine.. 3 times more than normal. Doctor told me nothing i have CT scan and cystoscopy at the end of the month. I dont know how could i wait till end of the month. Im 28 years old and i have girlfriend so im really afraid and sad. Have someone similar symptoms? could it be something else?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

has anyone in you family been diagnosed with prostate cancer?

• Posted

Not an expert on this mate,but i would wait and see what results show. I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer last year but after radiotherapy im now in remission. Its unusual for someone of your age to have prostrate cancer. It could be a strain. Blood in your urine doesnt sound good but it could be a number of causes. Try and stay focused and dont be afraid to ask questions. Thats what i did and it kept me sane. Ihope all works out well for you. God bless good luck ill keep you in my prayers. Bill.......

• Posted

Im 63. To be honest with you 28 is awful young for you to have prostate cancer. Its an old persons disease. Has doc mentioned anything about your prostate.

• Posted

Google. ( Blood in my urine). It will give you lots of answers as what causes it. As i said dont panic it could be a number of innocent causes.

• Posted

yeah but that discomfort and little pain down there and more frequent urinating that scares me as hell

• Posted

Yea i know where your coming from. I got one hell of a scare when i was diagnosed but you know your own body so please stay calm and wait for results. Worrying wont help it is what it is but im sure you will be ok. Please let me know how your tests go. So until then take care and keep calm. Good luck. Bill

• Posted

has anyone else in your family been diagnosed with prostate cancer?

• Posted

has anyone else in your family been diagnosed with prostate cancer?

• Posted

Sounds like prostatitis. I have had chronic prostatitis for 25 years. I now also have BPH.

The normal protocol is to try antibiotics for an extended amount of time. This may work but it never worked for me.

If that doesn't work then there are supplements and diets to try (I eventually found that going on a low oxalate diet eliminated the bouts of bloody urine that would accompany my flareups). However, it didn't eliminate the main symptoms just made them a little milder.

Look also into chronic pelvic floor tension. There are books with lots of useful suggestions.

As far as supplements go try quercetin, super saw palmetto 360mg, pygeum africanum.

• Posted

Did the doctor check your prostate in the surgery? Did he say it could be prostate cancer? As others have said it is unlikely, but I know how worrying it is waiting for tests.

• Posted

hi jan

the first thing ypu should do is not panic

amd fo thongs quivkly with out thinking them thru .

for one fo a blood test

for two do an MRI

for three fo a ct scan

and gor fo a bone scan

getthe results and see what your PSA

numbers are

hope this helps you can personaly e maol me henry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.