It is possible that i have prostate cancer? Im young man and scared to death

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello so i have these troubles: more frequently urinating, like 8 times per day for 2 liters of water. No night urinating, no pain while urinating. But im feeling discomfort down there.. little pain or something? Not all the time, maybe 60% of time per day. Also they found microscopic blood in my urine.. 3 times more than normal. Doctor told me nothing i have CT scan and cystoscopy at the end of the month. I dont know how could i wait till end of the month. Im 28 years old and i have girlfriend so im really afraid and sad. Have someone similar symptoms? could it be something else?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Based on your age it's extremely unlikely that you have prostate cancer. The issues you describe sound like something else - possibly an infection or injury. Let your urologist run the various tests before coming to any conclusions.

• Posted

Most unlikely to be prostate cancer at your age. The youngest I have ever encountered in my 23 years of Prostate Cancer experience was 40. If the doc did a rectal examination (finger in your rear end) he would have said if it was enlarged and he would have given you a blood test then to test your PSA. It sounds like a UT infection which can cause blood in the urine and discomfort. You would urinate a lot if it is a UTI as like cystitis it causes irritation when urinating. Just relax. If the doc thought it was serious he would have got you in sooner. The cystoscopy is quite a simple exam and takes just a few minutes. Its a bit uncomfortable but not painful as they deliver a local as it progresses. You might have a kidney scan at the same time as it could be kidney stones which are easily treated. As the song goes in the Life of Brian....Look on the bright side. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello my symptoms go little better.. for a 10 days no discomfort and normal peeing. I was drunk at the weekend and its little worse now. Little discomfort is back but maybe 10% of day, urinating is worse. What do you think now?

• Posted

I suggest you go to a GP and have a urine test to check for infection as cancer does not often present with the symptoms you mention.

• Posted

You are very young to have prostate cancer. The issue sounds very much like prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland). The CT and cystoscopy are to rule out stones or bladder lesions. If negative, they should consider a course of antibiotics to see if that helps.

• Posted

Hello my symptoms go little better.. for a 10 days no discomfort and normal peeing. I was drunk at the weekend and its little worse now. Little discomfort is back but maybe 10% of day, urinating is worse. What do you think now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.